Hughesnet Community

Hurricane Michael Victim and Billed $550 for satellite repair

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kn

Hurricane Michael Victim and Billed $550 for satellite repair

Hurricane Michael Victim and Billed $550 for satellite repair and never was told about the fee for repair!  It was just taken out of my account, causing additional charges of an  over draft fee from my bank.  Never could find my account when I first went out of town to call to get service back on.   But I see that they did find it to charge me.  Thank you for the Hurricane Micheal Relief!!

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Did they tell you they were going to cover all expenses?  The only information on the community is this:

"To our customers who were impacted by Hurricane Michael, we realize you may have had to leave your home, your service may be interrupted, and/or your equipment may be damaged. Please call when you can at 877-940-2365 to report damaged equipment or to suspend service until you can return to your home."

And this:

"Weather forecasts indicate Hurricane Michael may cause widespread power outages. If you are leaving your home in anticipation of the storm, please unplug your HughesNet equipment and place it in a high and dry area before you go. For service updates, outage information, and other helpful resources check back here in the community."

There's nothing there about the company picking up the tab for hurricane damage.  Did someone tell you it was going to be free to you, or did you just assume they were going to be paying for it?  What did they say when you called to request repair? 

@kn wrote:

Hurricane Michael Victim and Billed $550 for satellite repair and never was told about the fee for repair!  It was just taken out of my account, causing additional charges of an  over draft fee from my bank.  Never could find my account when I first went out of town to call to get service back on.   But I see that they did find it to charge me.  Thank you for the Hurricane Micheal Relief!!

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Amanda

Hello kn,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'd be happy to help and have already located your account. I'll take a look and see what is going on.

Thanks,

Amanda

I got my repairs free because I have express repair.....I was just wondering if we could get a credit since we could not use internet for a month after the hurricane...

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I'm sure the mods here will look at your account too.  They prefer for customers to have their own topics, though, so they can provide individualised attention -- maybe you should start a new topic here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/myAccount-and-Billing/bd-p/AccountandBilling

Just click "Create new topic"  

You can copy what you wrote here and paste it there. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Amanda

Hi kn, 

I did reach out to the field service team here but since you have a business account, it had to be escalated to another department. I haven't heard back but I will stay on them for an answer.

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda

Hi kn,

Just wanted to check in with you and catch up. It looks like our business group is in the process of getting these credits to you already, but I am still working on how and why these charges got put on the account without notice so that we can avoid this situation in the future. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach back out to me here.

Thanks,
Amanda