Hughesnet Community

I am unable to access Petfinder.com/admin and GoDaddy email site.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patti Want

I am unable to access Petfinder.com/admin and GoDaddy email site.

I am unable to access Petfinder.com/admin and GoDaddy email site. On 4 different computers all using Hughe Net. I have a tech working on my business computer. He is saying it is a server problem with Hughes Net. I am the director of an Animal Shelter I need Petfinder to load. I
16 REPLIES 16
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Patti Want,

Can you tell us, or more preferably, show us what happens when you try to visit Petfinder.com/admin???

petfinder.com/admin redirects to https://pro.petfinder.com/  for me...
Patti Want

It will either give me a root error or time out. Work space email will not recognize my password. When the tech is using his lap top with Veizon wifi both site's work fine. I have two computer's at the Shelter (business) and to at home all using hughesnet. All of the same problem.
Patti Want

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at users.petfinder.com Port 80
Patti Want

BTW it does not matter which browser is being used. Cache and cookies have been cleared. All the stuff you pay a Tech to investigate.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Patti,
www.petfinder.com opens just fine for me

www.petfinder.com/admin as Charles stated resolves to  https://pro.petfinder.com/
Patti Want

I am aware it redirects I've been using it for years or up until a week ago when this problem happened. I'm guessing you are on a different gateway. It works fine with other internet providers as well using the same laptop.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Hmm...  I suggest doing the following to see if any of the below will clear things up... Try one thing at a time, and let us know how it goes.

1: Disable Web Acceleration in the modems advanced pages. (Let us know if you have an HN9000 instead of HT1000/1100.)
Link to advanced page: http://192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/index.cgi?Command=1

2: Flush your DNS records.
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/30136-dns-resolver-cache-flush-reset-windows.html

3: Change your computers DNS records to Google instead of Hughesnet
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using
Patti Want

Option 1 did not work Options 2 and 3 are out of my league.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

lets try the following in order:

1: Completely shut down your computer
2: Remove the AC Power from your Hughes Modem
3: Remove the AC Power from your Router

Then again, in order:

1: Plug in the AC Power to the Hughes Modem and wait for it to boot up completely before going to the nest step

2: Plug in the AC Power to your Router and let it boot up completely before going to the next step.

3: Boot up your computer and let it boot up completely

4: we want to open a Command Prompt:
Click START, click RUN:

That will open this window:

Type in the letters  cmd  and press OK

That will open the following:

At the blinking ">" enter the following command:

ipconfig /flushdns

That should give your the following result:

Doing the above, in order, should flush out any old/corrupted DNS addresses that could be cached by your Modem, Router or computer causing it to get a fresh DNS address.

Try the pages again and let us know what is happening.

Patti Want

Do you find it odd that 4 computers, 2 at home and 2 at work 38 miles away are all having the same exact problem? I appreciate the help and I will most certainly try this as you explained it so that I think I can actually tackle it. 🙂 I am frustrated that I can ride down the road with my laptop get wifi from VA Broadband and the web sites work just fine. I can leave work with a net book stop at the library and use their wi fi and again the web sites work fine. Because I thought for sure it was a problem on my end I had our Tech come in. He spent an hour or more and left saying now I have to convince Hughes Net they have a problem.
Patti Want

Ouch... But OK?
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

There very well may be an issue with the Hughes DNS database.
That is why Charles suggested changing where your system goes to get DNS addresses (from Hughes DNS servers to Googles DNS servers) in his #3 option posted below.

It may also be that your system is relying on a outdated address that is "saved" with your system.
My suggested steps posted above will wipe those out and make your system check for a new one.
Patti Want

Thank you. It now allows me to log in. However, that is all. It will not load the add new animal page.
Chris11
Alum

Hi Patti,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting! It has been 2 days since your post, are you still experiencing this? I was able to pull up your account using your profile information and I see that you have never called into our support center at 1-866-347-3292. To better assist you live, I would suggest calling in if none of the suggestions from our wonderful community members has completely fixed this for you. 

Thank you,
Chris
Patti Want

Hi Chris, Yes not only is it my home computers, the shelters computers two employee's that also use Hughes Net can do no more than log in. Can not update, upload photo's etc. Petfinder also states Hughes Net is being blocked for a bug on their server. I have not called due to the fact I currently do not have an hour plus to devote to trying to figure out what is wrong with "our" computers. I have the tech speaking with Hughes Net. In the meantime I am researching other options for the Shelter for internet providers. Thank you for checking in.
Sincerely,
Patti