Hughesnet Community

I have a problem cancelling my Hughes net account after an accident left me unable to work.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Judy Bell

I have a problem cancelling my Hughes net account after an accident left me unable to work.

I have a problem steaming from my Hughesnet service cancellation. This started when I received a bill from Hughes dated 12/09/2015. The bill was for 78.15 and said they would suspend my service if not paid. This was troubling because I had hurt my back earlier that year and could not afford to have Hughes net. I assumed it was closed but they said evidently the account had been put on hold. They ask about this at the time but I assured them I would not be able to afford the payments then either because of my disability. I called Hughes net on 12/21/2015 and spoke with Ms Gonzales case #51671513. I explained everything to her including the fact that I was now unable to work. she was very nice and she said she would credit the $78.15 back to the account since it had not been used for 8 months and should have been closed. She also sent me a box to return the equipment in and instruction on what to do. I sent all equipment back the same week I received it. I thought everything was fine but then on 01/08/20@6 I received another Hughes Bill, this time for $264.87. I again called Hughes and spoke with Me Rodriguez. I explained that I was still unable to work and was waiting for my disability to start. I explained that I did not have 284.00, if I had that kind of money I wouldn't have cancelled my service. She basically didn't care and hung up. Then on 02/22/2016, I received a letter from a collection agency saying they were contacting the credit bureau. I still do not have $284.00 and now the interest rates on my credit card will be increased. This is because I have been forced to us credit for many things during the year and can't afford to pay high interest. I understand about penalty but I do feel something could have been done due to my circumstances. If anyone could help me in this matter I would appreciate it. Right now my good credit is al I have left. Thank you
6 REPLIES 6
Amanda

Hi Judy

Welcome to our community. We always want to be sensitive to customer situations, especially the ones we don't experience normally or particularly personal ones. I would like to apologize on behalf of Hughes and hope that your cancellation experience does not reflect your overall time with us as a customer. 

I would like to extend an offer that we believe should have been provided from the beginning and waive your early termination fees. I also want to make sure when your account closes out that you have a zero balance - you said you already returned all of your equipment, including the radio from the dish correct? If there is anything still remaining to be returned, we understand you might not be able to disassemble or pack it and can send a technician to bring it down and pack it for you. Please do let me know if this is satisfactory and anything else I can do to help.

Thank you
Amanda
Judy Bell

I am very happy to hear from Amanda, she has restored my faith in Hughes customer support, and it was very low before. It just feels great for someone to actually listen to my problem and act on a solution. This should definitely change some apprehension for Hughes net. I'll keep you posted on my progress, hopefully it will end with this zero balance like Amanda says. Thanks for everything and God bless you Amanda.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Judy, just to be sure you read everything, she does have a few questions and is expecting a response to them. 
Amanda

Hello!

I managed to locate the information for the return box and verified it has all returned - so thank you.

I also want to let you know your account is at a $0.00 balance and you owe us nothing more. You are welcome to save or print this page for your records. I am happy to have been able to help.

Thank you,
Amanda
hannahnaustin

Amanda is there a number I can contact you so that I may cancel my service I have not even had it a month

Amanda

Hi Hannah

There sure is. Call 1-866-347-3292 and ask to cancel - you'll be transferred to the right place!

Amanda