I was lied to in order to make an upgrade sale

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsp
New Poster

I was lied to in order to make an upgrade sale

I was told that an upgrade would be helpful for me when teaching online a month ago, so I did the upgrade. It didn't help because I was still having delays when communicating with my students. I was told today in chat and over the phone that due to latency, teaching online through HughesNet service would have delays because I couldn't do things real time. I wasn't told this last month when I asked about the best option for teaching online. He told me 20 GB would work fine. Now that I know the truth, I need to cancel because I need to teach my classes and my child needs to attend his classes online in real time. The problem is, I don't feel I should pay for cancelling when I was told an upgrade would be helpful for me and it hasn't been due to something that HughesNet isn't able to do. I even had a tech come out to adjust the dish, but that didn't do anything to improve what I need my internet service to do. HughesNet has been ok for me the past few years, but changes have happened in my life that HughesNet can't accommodate. I need help from someone with solving this, please.

4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Hi bsp,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I can certainly look into this for you, so I've pulled up your account so I can investigate. Once I have any news for you I'll post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

bsp
New Poster

Thanks, Liz. I want to add that I received a call from a manager today, but we were disconnected and I didn't hear back from him. I also got a call from someone named Alex. She left me a voicemail with details of my cancellation confirmation although she and I never completed our call earlier today when I was speaking to her about this situation and my phone dropped. I was having problems with my phone today. She went ahead and processed my cancellation without me, even though when we last spoke, my phone cut off in the middle of our conversation.

Hi bsp,

Thanks for letting me know, looks like your service is set to cancel July 11. Once I finish my investigation, which should be well before then, I will post back and let you know. In case you missed this on any of the recent calls, here are instructions for returning your equipment to avoid the Unreturned Equipment Fee. The prepaid box will be shipped after the service is canceled.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi bsp,

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your case. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.