Hughesnet Community

Is there anyone at hughes that has the authority to resolve a billing dispute?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikecc1979
New Poster

Is there anyone at hughes that has the authority to resolve a billing dispute?

Someone call customer service and asked that my sons email password be reset.  Customer service verified the user by asking do you live at XYZ address and of course the guy said yes.  They reset the password to the default and when my son could not check email we contacted customer service who told us that my son requested it, he did not, so they said it was the default.  I logged in and changed his password to what we wanted to it be (very complex).  The next day it did not work again.  Customer service said my son contacted them via chat and requested it be changed and they did.  We go it reset to the default so I could reset it again.  The next day we go through the same thing but the identity thief had also changed our billing address and contact number.  He also charged $600 of data tokens to our account that we did not want.  We have talked to customer service, billing, executive billing I think you call it, and no one will deal with this.  You say we owe the $600 because the tokens automatically are used which is bull.  Hughes allowed someone to hack my account and fraudulently charge the money to my account.  When we upgraded to GEN 5 we cannot even get in and use or request tokens as the interface tells us that token usage is not allowed.  I have been promised call backs and never received and when we talked to the Executive Billing team today they refused to do anything and hung up on us.  What does it take for Hughes to practice simple standard customer service and deal with this issue?  Is there no one in charge there?  You will never get the $600 from a 14 year customer and may get a bill for the 35-40 hours we have put into dealing with this situation so far.

6 REPLIES 6
Liz

Hi Mike,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I see how this can be distressing, I'd like to get to the bottom of this. I've pulled up your account and have begun reviewing the case history. I'll post back once I have any questions or updates for you. We'll get this sorted out.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi Mike,

Good news! Rchadwick has already been working with my fellow mod, Amanda, about this very issue! She's actually waiting to hear back from Rchadwick before we can take action. I'll private message (PM) you the same PMs Amanda sent. If you or Rchadwick could please follow the instructions there and reply to Amanda, we're happy to close this issue out once and for all!  Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

My wife never received this reply and she is travelling right now.  So what do we need to do to process this change and remove the $600?

Hi Mike,

Looks like your wife replied to Amanda already. We'll take it from there. Thank you!

Angry
Observer

Sorry, btdt with Hughes,  Their Router is very hackable, and they will not let you use a better one. //  I am seriously dissatisfied with Hughes, but have to stick it out for the 24 month "Promo" period.  They don't care about keeping customers! Example :  They have an "upgrade" for 20GB, for $59.99/mo.  I have to pay more, as in m-o-r-e !, for 10 GB.  I will cancel as soon as my " prison time" agreement is up.  BTW, have never watched a movie with Hughes, even at start of month with the 10 GB fully available!  Buffering, at 10GB.  They say nothing wrong with my equipment - - - duh-uh, then whose equipment?

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Angry,

This  is a tech support site,not a rant site. If you'd like tech or account support, you need to begin a new topic under Tech Support or under myAccount and Billing, and give the community a chance to help you.  If you only want to rant, then you're on the wrong site.

I personally can stream movies all month without issues. So can many others. If you can't, you may be experiencing problems that can be fixed.  Create a new topic and let people help you. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.