Hughesnet Community

Just to double check adding another user?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan11433
Junior

Just to double check adding another user?

I probably need to correct to business account after 01-28-2022 to avoid ETF as I just saw that there was no option to add another user to my hughesnet account so that’s another excuse that have been brought up to my attention and yes I see hughesnet business support more user (5 users)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

You can sign into the My Account site (at the top of the Community page), then go to the Profile section (hover your pointer over My Account and click on Profile underneath).  On the right hand side of the Profile page you'll be able to create new email accounts, each with their own password.  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GabeU

"Up to 5 users" on an SME account (business plan) means that's what it supports, as in multiple users using the service, like if you had five different people using their own laptop, and all being connected to the single HT2000W modem.  It's not the number of names on the account.  Your name would still be the name on the account.     

The main differences with SME accounts are....

• Higher data plans
  • The data is structured differently, as in Anytime Data and Daytime Data (8AM to 6PM) as opposed to the Service Plan Data (anytime) and Bonus Zone data (2AM to 8AM) of the Residential plans.  
  • Static IP address, if desired
  • Stronger signal to better withstand inclement weather

Residential plans also offer up to 10 different email accounts.  I'm not sure if it's the same with SME accounts.

@GabeU wrote:

Residential plans also offer up to 10 different email accounts.  I'm not sure if it's the same with SME accounts.

If it really support up to ten different email accounts - how do I do that because I want to add one for another person.

GabeU

You can sign into the My Account site (at the top of the Community page), then go to the Profile section (hover your pointer over My Account and click on Profile underneath).  On the right hand side of the Profile page you'll be able to create new email accounts, each with their own password.  

@GabeU wrote:

thank you.

GabeU

@Ryan11433 wrote:

@GabeU wrote:

thank you.

You're welcome.  🙂

@GabeU wrote:

Thanks for the note I just emailed to that department that I asked them saying 5 or 6 more month to wait… If I decide to upgrade until after 01-28-2022 how many email accounts can be added?

GabeU

@Ryan11433 wrote:

@GabeU wrote:

Thanks for the note I just emailed to that department that I asked them saying 5 or 6 more month to wait… If I decide to upgrade until after 01-28-2022 how many email accounts can be added?

Oddly enough, there's virtually no information on the net as to how many email accounts come with a Business plan, or at least not that I can find.  Hopefully a rep will reply with that info.