Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 




I need to move and my new landlord does not allow any kind of dish service at their units. Is there any way that I can get out of my contract without having to pay the $400 Cancellation fee, or have the etf reduced, since I'm unable to take the service with me?
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Moving



There are certain consumer protections that forbid a landlord dictating what type of service a tenant is allowed to obtain.  This may or may not apply to you.  The site containing information about this is here.


I'm sure a HughesNet rep will reply.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Re: Moving

Hello Tim,


Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. GabeU is correct in the fact that consumer protection may apply to you in this situation. Were you able to check with the landlord before signing the lease? 


Re: Moving



We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.