Hughesnet Community

New Install

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KYbunnies

New Install

It is countdown time. currently 6 am at my house. Okay I know stupid and people will probably think I belong in a mental hospital, but I am excited about upgrading. I really hope this fixes all problems. (No weather is not counted as a problem).

So Sara/Suz expect me back sometime later today. 🙂 If I ever meet you two ladies and Stephanie and Bradley I will take everyone out for a nice big juicy steak or you can come to Kentucky and have some fresh beef that we raise.

Really cannot wait to upgrade, I kinda feel like a kid on Christmas morning.
22 REPLIES 22
ADVOCATE

KYbunnies

Good luck & I hope it goes well for you, let us know after 30 - 60 days how it is.
KYbunnies

I have a very nice installer. Friendly and willing to make sure everything worked before he left.
I do wonder if the Lan light is suppose to be solid or flashing? Sara/Suz anyone. I used the new cable that came with the modem but it did not stop.
TimJ
New Poster

Lan light blinks at times all the rest also blinks except power and system
TimJ
New Poster

Lan Flashes
Trans flashes
Receive Flashes
system steady
power Steady
ADVOCATE

Hi TimJ

I believe what KYbunnies is refering to is, "Is the lan light suppose to flash all of the time " I don't have the Gen4 so I can't answer this one, is it like the 9000 were it flashes all of the time?
JacksonTech

The LAN light flashes whenever data passes through the LAN port on the back of the modem. The transmit/receive lights flash when data passes through the satellite link.

Curiously, the LAN light flashes much more rapidly than the transmit/receive lights.

Power should always be on. Supposedly, it will turn a blood-chilling, soul-searing red when the modem overheats, but I've never seen it (my soul is intact).

System illuminates when the modem is in communication with HughesNet's ground center at the other end of the satellite link. It usually illuminates last when the modem is booting and it will darken first when an outage occurs.

There's more information in the manual (seriously, there's an HT1000 manual somewhere) but this is what I've observed. Flashing LAN is OK and means that your modem is feeding your computer the cat videos you requested!

~HF
KYbunnies

Thanks everyone.

the Lan light never flashed with the HN9000.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Perhaps someone can provide her with a link to a PDF manual to the modem. I know they are available for previous generations of modems and also provide info on SCC that users may find helpful.
Seems they were located in the Hughes knowledge base somewhere.
KYbunnies

Hi HF, not cat videos, just promoting my authors and looking for bunny stuff. Oh and getting daily farm reports. Strange those are one thing that does not change much.
JacksonTech

KYbunnies, I'm glad you had a good installer. The folk who set up your satellite system are critical to its future operation. I personally had a very nice installer who did a very professional job (and took the time to answer all my curious questions about the system).

I hope you enjoy the new system!
JacksonTech

Here's the HT1000 user guide: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Docu...

There are quite a few documents here, I haven't checked many others: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Docu...

~HF
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

HF, Good Job, you beat me to it !
http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/page...
Suz1

Hi KYbunnies, thanks for the post. I'm very glad to hear that your install experience was a good one. Please keep me updated and let me know how your system is performing for you and if you ever need my assistance. 🙂 Suz
TimJ
New Poster

Hi Ya Paul how ya been . Yes the Lan light blinks all the time mine does I was look at it when I posted .. It just like the 9000 in that aspect of the receive and trans lights
ADVOCATE

Not bad TimJ and yourself? Well I was right on my other post.
TimJ
New Poster

Yep u was. Doing good Paul but these back to back storms are getting me down signal strength was 32 and still had Gen4 online
ADVOCATE

Now thats intresting
JacksonTech

You use your bandwidth wiser than I. 🙂

Authors? Are you an editor?

~HF
KYbunnies

Hi HF,

No I am not an editor, just a publicist. If your are writing/have wrote I can give you several editors. It depends on if you need editing for British English or American English. If you are looking to self publish I can help with that also. I can be reached at info -at- kybunnies -dot- com

Thanks for the link to the manual. I have it saved and will read it.