Hughesnet Community

Plans and cost

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hollysupa

Plans and cost

Why does my daughter have a plan with 50 GB anytime 50 GB bonus and pays a few dollars more a month than I do and I only get 10 GB anytime 50 GB bonus?   I am getting ripped off.   She gets five times the amount of data a month and pays almost the same as I do.  The bonus GB is useless.  I am sleeping those hours. 
8 REPLIES 8
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

It is based on load in each area.
hollysupa

Then I should pay a lot less than what she pays.   This is so wrong
gokartergo24
Tutor

Hughesnet runs specials once in a while to help sell in a area. When your daughter signed up for it and got it. You should have called in to get it also.  For me, It never fails. Right after I buy something. It goes on sale..
hollysupa

She lives in Lower Michigan and I live in Upper Michigan.  Different area.  My ridiculously small allotment of 10 GB a month should cost me a lot less per month than her 50 GB anytime a month.   
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

More customers in an area with less product but more demand then higher cost. It is the way business works. United States has a Capitalist economy.

A bit like tomatoes cost more during winter in some areas but not others.

I have 50/50 Ultra from 2 years ago but don't think it is offered anymore in my area because load has increased.
hollysupa

Will I be able to get more data when Gen5 is up and running?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Maybe, hopefully, probably. Nobody knows yet as nothing has been released. May take an equipment upgrade on user's end and again nothing official has been published. Sorry.

Cost, plans, upgrades all unknown.

Thinking next month has to be release of more information and maybe even putting people on the satellite for service. We'll see.

I'm not an employee, just a customer like you. Many years on satellite internet though.
hollysupa

Thank you!