Hughesnet Community

Poor poor customer service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kate1

Poor poor customer service.

I had services for less than a month and cancelled it... I have still been waiting to receive a return equipment package. I have yet to get that back. I called about two weeks after canceling services and found out they didn't have the correct address, so I updated that and was told the box wouldn't be sent out for another few weeks. I look at my bank statement today and there is an almost $300 unreturned equipment fee in my account. I called to let them know I still have not received a box and they told me they cannot refunds that because their systems won't let them... And then I was told I needed to call my bank and have them reverse the charge. I told the lady that it did not work that way but I would still call and talk to my bank. I called and talked to the bank and they told me that because it was still pending that I could get it cancelled but they would need an authorization code from the service provider. So when we did a three way call with HughesNet, myself, and my bank to get it cancelled HughesNet told me and my bank that they did not have an authorization code... But if they were able to take my money they would have an authorization code. I am extremely upset because obviously they are able to take my money but not able to send out a box so I can return the equipment.. That has been sitting on my desk waiting to be returned.
All I want to do is get my money back and return this equipment.
5 REPLIES 5
kate1

Oh.. I would like to add that the last gentleman I spoke with said that he could expedite a box to me that would get here within 24 hours... And I said if I don't receive a box by the end of this week does that mean I am able to get my money refunded? Because obviously it is not a matter of me not sending the equipment... It is that I am unable to send it.
Jerry Salter

Now, I'm wondering what's going to happen when I cancel our serve. 
kate1

Hopefully they send you a box to the correct address and dont give you the run around!!
Chris11
Alum

Hi Kate,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear this. We'd like to help address your concerns. Please post a recent case number or the serial number on the back/bottom of your modem. With that I'll be able to pull up your account and better assist you. We hope to hear back from you soon.

Thanks,
Chris
kate1

Thanks Chris.. I actually was able to speak with someone at the corporate office today. I appreciate the fast help.. but am still a bit upset that it had to escalate to such frustration.