Re: Switch to invoice billing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deet1229
New Poster

Re: Switch to invoice billing

When I signed up with HughesNet I wasn't told my bill would automatically be setup on autopay every month. NO! Well after speaking for almost 1 hour to get the customer service rep to understand I didn't want to be on autopay she finally got it and informed me that I would then have to be on monthly mail invoice. Well I received a paper invoice the following month but instead of me being able to pay online or by mail HughesNet paid it by direct deposit as autopay! Exactly what they weren't suppose to do once I switched to paper invoice by mail...arrrghhh!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda

Hello deet1229,

After reviewing your account it seems that the agent did not clearly explain how e-check billing would work when you opted to use e-check. On the call I did hear you inform the representative you did not want a paper bill mailed to your house, you wanted paperless billing but also did not want autopay. 

To be absolutely clear regarding HughesNet billing:

1. When you order the HughesNet service, your payment is automatically attached to your account to be used for autopay. The sales agent should have provided this information in the terms and conditions prior to taking your payment. This information is also in the terms & conditions, which are available to read online at http://legal.hughesnet.com

2. HughesNet offers 3 methods of payment

a. Auto Pay by Credit/Debit Card

b. Auto Pay by E-check

c. Receive a paper bill, but forfeit the $5 auto pay discount

I can set you up with any of those three, just let me know which one you decide on.

Thank you,

Amanda

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Amanda

Hello deet1229,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. We're very sorry for any inconvenience caused by this. I'd be happy to take a look at your account and see why the payment method was not removed. I will get you an update today.

Thank you

Amanda

Amanda

Hello deet1229,

After reviewing your account it seems that the agent did not clearly explain how e-check billing would work when you opted to use e-check. On the call I did hear you inform the representative you did not want a paper bill mailed to your house, you wanted paperless billing but also did not want autopay. 

To be absolutely clear regarding HughesNet billing:

1. When you order the HughesNet service, your payment is automatically attached to your account to be used for autopay. The sales agent should have provided this information in the terms and conditions prior to taking your payment. This information is also in the terms & conditions, which are available to read online at http://legal.hughesnet.com

2. HughesNet offers 3 methods of payment

a. Auto Pay by Credit/Debit Card

b. Auto Pay by E-check

c. Receive a paper bill, but forfeit the $5 auto pay discount

I can set you up with any of those three, just let me know which one you decide on.

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda

Hi Deet1229,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thank you,

Amanda