Rebate

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unhappy100
New Poster

Rebate

I signed up for HughesNet instead of Viasat because of the $300 gift card promised. After a couple months and no gift card, I entered my Hughes net account and wrote asking about it, but received no reply. A couple weeks later I wrote again, and still no reply. Then, I decided to call, this is the week of December 6th...after two days of getting the run around, I finally get the information I need--kind of. I'm told to down load a certain form and mail it in. Great. Today I print off that form only to see that it says it must be "postmarked by Dec 1st" to be valid...On top of that, I try chatting with a Hughes net employee who says the first invoice must have the rebate plan written on it or it's not valid--which no one else bothered to mention--and I'm told to call the first number which gave me the run around the first day I called. It's a scam really--they leave us in the dark, so we don't know what to do; then they complicate it in the hopes that people will not follow through until it is too late! 

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Luckily you posted to the community -- the reps here are very helpful and might be able to sort this out for you in a satisfactory way.  

EDIT: did you sign up directly with HughesNet  or with someone else?

Remy

unhappy100,

Thanks for reaching out! I see this is your first post. Welcome to the Community! We'd like to take a look into this for you, but I was unable to locate the account connected to your Community profile. Please send a private message to the link provided below, with your account number or a phone number attached!

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/102584

Thanks,

Remy