Liz and sgoshe, so...can you please help me to understand some things on this bill?
1. Why am I paying a voice tax? What exactly is that?
2. Why am I paying a property tax surcharge? Is this for having your dish on this property????
3. What is home voice with equipment?
4. The 1GB Token I think you are referring to, is the one I purchased and already paid for. Why is it being charged for again?
5. If I am leasing your equipment, why would I be charged at the end even if the equipment is returned to you and be expected to dispose of your dish for you???? No, this isn't a car rental service, but for comparison sake, how long would they be in business if they rented a car and then charged you for it whether you returned it or not, plus expecting you to dispose of it (sell it or trash it, up to you) for them? Why can't the dish be recycled by Hughes themselves instead of dumping the responsibility off onto the customer?
Not trying to be difficult, I really don't understand this way of billing and do wish you would explain so even I can understand. Thanks Liz and sgoshe and anyone else who has input
Sorry, more questions on the bill...
1. Why am I being charged for an invoice fee when I was led to believe I could simply view my invoice online? I NEVER asked for a paper bill, don't want a paper bill, and would appreciate having this removed from my bill at once.
2. How is it, my normal bill is about 86.49, and this bill is 110.42 with the only changes I can see being made are a token charge that should not exist, and a paper bill charge that should not exist
3. I have not had time yet to discover where the other part of the 110.42 came from, but this is not right and I hope someone will correct this right away so this bill can be paid when my check arrives.
4. This is the clincher for me. I had over 80.00 credit built up toward payment (Liz you yourself helped with that portion), and with all this charge for this and that which should not even be occurring, I still owe 20.42????? Really????
Can you please correct these errors for me and thank you. I will hold on paying this bill until the appropriate bill is listed.
In reference to the $5.00 Invoice fee ...
Hughes either charges a Invoice Fee or you have to have a credit card/ bank info on file at which time they will "auto-bill".
The problem (as I see it) with auto billing is that they debit your account on the day the bill is generated, not on the bill due date.
Due to past "billing issues" I too have Invoice Billing so as to not have banking/credit card info on file but I pay my bill online as "one time payments".
( I seen in another of your posts you mentioned Ferris State and I seem to recall you stating at some point you were in Michigan.
Can you say roughly where ? I am in west Michigan, along the lakeshore roughly halfway between Ludington and Muskegon)
Yep Gwalk900. I am in upper Michigan just about to the tip of the center of the mitt, roughly 2.5 hrs from Traverse and 45 mins from Cheboygan.
I know about the invoice fee and all that. Spoke at length with Liz on another post. I made it clear that what I was asking for was an email bill, but they declined, so I decided to go with viewing my invoices to make payment. This is how I did it last month. If I'm not mistaken, I think you were on the conversation where I was told to log out of my account in order to view my invoice. However, never did I ask for a paper bill, nor am I about to pay for this luxury. Really?" 5.00 for a paper bill? That's as bad as me thanking someone for taking a payment.