Sales Call Review Needed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cynthia7406
New Poster

Sales Call Review Needed

When I spoke with a sales rep to sign up for service I explained that two people live in the home and we both use our devices a lot.  I work from home all day, plus we don't have cable or satellite tv - we use only streaming services such as YoutubeTV, Netflix, HBOMax, Amazon Prime, etc...  She assured me that their service would be adequate and a 20 gig plan should work fine.  I found out later that was an outright lie.

Once Hughesnet service was installed, the tv began to buffer immediately as soon as I tried to watch something.  I called customer service and they said to turn on the Video Data Saver feature and to adjust my apps to 480 resolution.  He said that's the only way the service will work for me and the only way I can stay under my service plan limit each month.  After our call I discovered my tv and apps don't even have an option for 480 resolution.  The lowest resolution option is 780.  After turning on the video data saver option, there was still no change.  I called back.  The rep actually told me the sales people are dishonest and will say anything to get people to purchase service.  He literally said "well of course the sales people are going to say the service works well because they want you to sign up".  He also said there's nothing else he can do on his end and that the service is just crappy.  I told him I need to cancel because this obviously isn't going to meet my needs.  He transferred me to a rep to cancel.  I began telling her my situation and she hung up on me.  I called back and talked to another rep.  The connection was HORRIBLE and I could barely catch what she was saying. I asked numerous times to be transferred to another rep in hopes of getting better call quality/clarity.  She hung up on me.

I work from home and connect through a VPN.  I am completely unable to perform my primary work functions while connected to Hughesnet because the connection is so incredibly slow.  And, despite recommendations from the support team as noted above, I am completely unable to stream anything. 

Please help.

1 REPLY 1
Liz

Hi cynthia7406,

Welcome to the community, glad you found us! I can certainly help you. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!