Hughesnet Community

The phone rep was misleading. Should I cancel the upgrade?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d4s57vw
New Poster

The phone rep was misleading. Should I cancel the upgrade?

Called to cancel service last night, but the sales rep told me about GEN5 and It sounded pretty promising. I guess I should know better because I asked her if the 25Mbps down and 3Mbps up were guaranteed and she said yes. We all know that's a lie! She also said once I have exceeded my data limit of 20GB I will be guaranteed a minimum 1Mbps and this will be fast enough to stream Netflix. 

I asked if I could cancel my service without penalty if the service wasn't as she promised and she said that is handled on a case by case basis, but it shouldn't be a problem.

She also told me the GEN 5 service would be $5 a month cheaper than my current plan. She didn't mention anything about charges for equipment. Is there an additional charge for equipment?

With the old service I was frequently rebooting the Hughesnet box. Eventually they wore me down and I simply stopped using it. I have unlimited data with my cell provider, so I was just counting the days until my contract expired. The cell phone hot spot works, but it's a hassle for the wife.

After reviewing information here and elsewhere, I'm feeling that the information I based my decision on was deliberately false.

The technician isn't scheduled to install the GEN5 equipment until next Tuesday. Should I/ can I just cancel the upgrade and my service? We were at the end of our 24 months, so there shouldn't be any termination fee. Correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi d4s57vw,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I'd like to help so I've pulled up your account to investigate. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Liz

Hi d4s57vw,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I'd like to help so I've pulled up your account to investigate. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!