Hughesnet Community

Unprofessional, Disorganized, and Unfair Practices!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arooz

Unprofessional, Disorganized, and Unfair Practices!!!

My account number is DSS35339749. In July, I cancelled my HughesNet service due to moving away. I paid all of my bills ontime and paid my early cancellation fees and everything. I returned the equipment as requested, however, I received one email on August 24 that said my account was overdue. After logging in to see what was overdue I could not glean much from the descriptions that were listed. So I called the customer servie line on September 20 and spoke to a representative that was extremely unhelpful and now I have found out LIED to me because he was too lazy to look into things further. He claimed that I was being charged due to not returning the equipment (fortunately, I kept my proof of delivery as well as the tracking number for the package I sent). I explained to him that I have a proof of delivery and and the signature of the person it was received by and that in fact, it did arrive at their facility. He put me on hold for a minute or two and came back to explain to me that it must have just not been processed on their end and that it will go away on it's own once they update their system and mark the equipment as being returned. I reminded him that the package was delivered on 7/16/2019 and it is not TWO MONTHS later! He said sometimes it can take some time for these things to be processed and I have nothing to be concerned about. Fast forward, to less than one month later and I receive a letter from a collection agency to collect payment on an unreturned fee!!! So I call them after receiving the letter on October 22 and explain the situation, they ask for me to provide the proof of delivery (which I emailed to them) and they asked a handful of other questions regarding the equipment and ship date. They told me if I don't hear anything, I am good, but if there is still a problem I will receive correspondence from them. One week later on October 29, I receive an email from them which has a copy of my invoice, and the declined payments they tried to charge to my CC. Again, not even acknowledging all the documentation I sent them regarding the proof of delivery and the person it was received by, or what was missing. One of the pages has a description of "Unreturned equipment fee - rental radio". This is the first time I am hearing about a rental radio being what was unreturned? I have now emailed the collections agency back twice with no response. HughesNet is an extremely unprofessional company with terrible customer service that just tells their customers lies to get off the phone. If someone within this organization would have just let me know that the radio transmitter (THAT IS ON THE ROOF!!!!!!!) was never returned, then I could have remedied this situation a long time ago rather than all this back and forth and time being wasted. This is completely ridiculous. Lack of communication from HughesNet. 

1 REPLY 1
Liz

Hello arooz,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Thank you for taking the time to explain what happened, this is unusual. I escalated your case over to the folks here who knows what's what with our collections agency. Apparently we have a new one, so your feedback helps them improve. I'm sorry for the trouble you went through.  Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!