Upgrade Fees

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradn863
Sophomore

Upgrade Fees

I recently upgraded my HughesNet service from Gen4 to Gen5. In discussion with the rep about additional ees/charges, I was informed that there was no set up fee and I chose the lease option rather then pay the entire equipment cost up front. My current monthly plan is 50G of anytime data and 50 bonus Gigs for 2a-8a. I was told that my plan would not change, and it hasn't. I was also informed that it would be $14.99 a month extra an my bill for the lease of the equipment. I just recieved my latest invoice which has 2 bills on it. I am getting ready to pay but there is a $99.00 lease set-up fee on the account which should not be there. I cannot pay that on top of my bill. my last payment for the Gen4 plan is $91.48, which should make the new payment somewhere in the ballpark of $107-$110 for the current month. The total should be around $198.00 for the 2 bills. The current invoice is $261.42. I was told on the phone there would be no set-up fee and I also asked the rep if my new current bill would be around $107/month. He told me that I was correct and phone records will verify. I'm just looking to get the set-up fee removed as I was promised there would not be one. Thank You for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning Brad,

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Good morning Brad,

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you.

Prissy424
New Poster

I just had the same thing happen to me. I upgraded to Gen 5 and the rep stated NO SET UP FEE. I would not have agreed to it either and sure  enough, I get my bill and there's a $99 charge on there for a set up. I believe this is a scam the company uses to charge you extra and then when you call and ask about the bill they conveniently tell you that it is a valid charge. Sorry for the misunderstanding. They will not give your money back. I left Dish Network and I'm sorry I did. I can't wait to be done with this unprofessional, unethical company. Hughesnet is the worst. I am going to post as much as I possibly can to let others know how they scam their customers.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Prissy424

You should create a new post to address your individual issue, which you can do by clicking the "Start a topic" button on the upper right while inside the "myAccount and Billing" section.  If your upgrade was fairly recent, your sales call may be available for the reps to listen to so that they can verify what the sales rep told you.    

@Prissy424 wrote:

I am going to post as much as I possibly can to let others know how they scam their customers.

While you certainly have the right to post whatever you wish, wherever you wish, I wouldn't do that a whole lot in here.  All it will do is, chances are, get you blocked from the Community, and then, when you have an issue you need help with, whether technical or otherwise, you won't be able to get in here to avail yourself of this avenue of help.