Hughesnet Community

WHY I GET NO REPLIES and HOW DO I CHANGE COMMUNITY SETTINGS?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Larry Lewis1

WHY I GET NO REPLIES and HOW DO I CHANGE COMMUNITY SETTINGS?

Well, as Gwalk and I are working together on the long-standing DDDD issue, he suggested that I check the SETTINGS on the Community.  Well, NO WONDER I GET NO REPLIES .

I tried changing them myself but no go. 

My ONLY e-mail is larrynordlewis@povn.com 

I have no idea how you got larrynordlewis@hoopteedoo  

I ONLY changed form Larry Lewis to hoopteedodo since one time I could NOT get community software to work. I had to create a new username or whatever. then I could post. it's been that way for many months.    I thought hoopteedoo was only a username. 

I got a message saying I could not delete the only e-mail so am at an impasse.  

Please help.

Also, password may or may not be changed and I will need that to log in to Dashboard, I suppose.  Currently MY WRITTEN records show TWO entries as:

HUGHESNET   USERNAME:  larrynordlewis@povn.com  Password leeleepovn1
and:
Myhughesnet    USERNAME: Lawrence Lewis                   Password leeleepovn1
  the date I have on the above is 21 Nov 2014, when I started suing the forum I assume. I have no idea how larrynordlewis@hoopteedoo got there.  

Hope you can help. The forum is surely a blessing and I hope to get the 6 month DDDD issue solved and DONE Soon! 

Thank you very much, 

-Larry Lewis
Nordman, Idaho
2 REPLIES 2
Larry Lewis1

Yes, I guess so!. I will post a few seconds after I posted the above.  

IS the padlock above the icon indicating "private" to Hughes only?

I got my butt kicked for ignorantly posting my e-mail not long ago.  IS this working OK? 

I don't "DO" these forums and not FACEBOOK AT ALL. SO AM "socially challenged" here. Sorry. 

Thank you, 

_Larry 
Liz

Good morning Larry,

No worries, good idea making the thread private, we wouldn't want the whole internet seeing your e-mail login information.

Our community uses single-sign on that lets HughesNet customers sign in one time to access all their online resources, such as e-mail, the support center, and the community. When you register and create a new HughesNet account, that is used for everything, including the community. 

If you would like to change your e-mail address for the community, please follow these steps:

While logged into the community, click on your username in the top-right corner.

The click on the Profile link in the drop down menu:

On your community profile page, click the Email & Notifications link in the top left area:

Here is where you can update your e-mail and notification settings. 

I believe you have to have an e-mail address on file at all times, so be sure to ADD your desired e-mail address first before you REMOVE the one you don't need.

Also make sure you have the appropriate options checked if you wish to receive e-mails when others reply to threads you've participated in.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!