Hughesnet Community

What happens to my email if I switch or cancel my current plan?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hcamardelle
Sophomore

What happens to my email if I switch or cancel my current plan?

Considering a switch.  I've been really happy with the service and the support from HughesNet but there have been some changes with other offerings from a provider standpoint in my area.  Should I decide to cancel my service, will I still have access to my HughesNet mail that I've saved and gone back to for so many years?  I'm thinking not but I'd love confirmation from someone way smarter than me.  Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's still the case! 🙂

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@hcamardelle 

Though I'm not 100% on this, I'm pretty sure you lose access to the email service.  

If you're even just thinking of switching, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get an email account through Gmail or Outlook or similar and start using that.  They're free, and IMHO, better than HughesNet's email, anyway.

Got that set up, but there's stuff I don't want to lose should I switch.  It may be worth my while to take my plan to the lowest price type and move on from there.  Thanks GabeU!

GabeU

@hcamardelle 

You're very welcome.  🙂  

If you mean that you have emails saved that you don't want to lose, there's an option to forward them to your other email.  You should be able to see the option at the top when you select an email.  If that's not what you mean, hopefully you'll eventually be able to find some kind of workaround for what you're referring to so that you wouldn't have to keep paying for service just for the email.  There's no doubt that doing so would get annoying very quickly.  😛  

@GabeU 

Thanks GabeU.  I got my welcome email from HughesNet mid May, 2007.  It'd be a lot of forwarding.  LOL. I likely need to sort through things and keep the important stuff.  

GabeU

Ah, okay.  I see what you mean.  Juuuuuuust a tad bit of forwarding.  LOL.  😛  

Edit:  I just found the following in another thread.  It's from a HughesNet rep.  It's from 2017, so hopefully a rep will confirm whether this is still the case....

"Your HughesNet e-mail will automatically close 45 days after your account is closed. If you want to keep your contacts, you can use the export feature in the HughesNet webmail page to save a copy to import to a new e-mail account."

It's still the case! 🙂

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!