Hughesnet Community

Why pay, not getting what paying for.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wthisgoingon

Why pay, not getting what paying for.

I can't install land line. Said sending phone, they LIED! Sent small box and a cable telling me to see video to install. I tried, my husband tried. No luck! Cell phone service not reliable since switching to hughesnrlet so can't even talk to them to tell them. I try but they just keep leaving me messages to watch the video! What part of, "that doesn't help me" can't you understand! Oh that's right, couldn't understand my entire message because my internet doesn't allow for me to talk to anyone. I text everyone but haven't talked to mom in few weeks! I miss my mom! She will be 80 in November and since my stroke, I don't exactly go galavanting around. Don't think I should pay for something I'm afraid to or CAN'T use!
2 REPLIES 2
Liz

Hi Lori,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. We want to get you up and running with your new HughesNet Voice service so I pulled up your account to investigate what's happened so far. Looks like our Voice team wants you to confirm that the equipment is plugged in correctly and to power cycle the ATA (the phone box) and HughesNet modem.

Since you're unable to view the video, please refer to this illustrated guide so you can ensure the equipment is properly hooked up: http://voice.hughesnet.com/activate/docs/InnoVoiceGuide.pdf

To power cycle a device, unplug its power cable and wait 30 seconds before plugging it back in. For the HughesNet modem, it's best to unplug the power cable from the power brick.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi Lori,

Just checking up on you and I see that your HughesNet Voice service is now active, glad to see that! Feel free to drop by the community if you have any other concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!