Hughesnet Community

email problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robert in Nebra

email problem

I can  get  to  my  inbox,  but that is  all.     I can't   open any   email,  all I  get is   "hughesnet isn't responding.     Sometimes  it  will say  'due to long running script'   but   most of the time it's  just   'hughesnet isn't responding'.

I have  adblocker,   IE 11.  No email client.

when I switch to   html version,   I can   actually  open  an email.  But  when I   try to  reply or   start a new  email,   I  get  a     'can't display  website'  in the  box  where  I'd type  the  text.  I can  enter   the  recipients  address,  and  subject however.

Far as I can tell,   all other browsing  seems  to  be  ok.  

This  pretty much  came up  since  Monday morning. 

Any  ideas?  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Chris11
Alum

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting. What OS version are you using? I would suggest running any Windows updates. Also you should check to make sure no third party tool bars or other extensions have been downloaded recently without your knowledge. Let us know if this helps.

Thank you,
Chris
Robert in Nebra

windows 7..   and  far as I know,  it's updated automatically.   

I can't tell you at this time if  something  'snuck' in as far as  third party tool bars, or other extension.

I'll  look around!  Thanks

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Robert,

Have you tried another browser such as Opera or Firefox just to name a couple ?

Robert in Nebra

Well, Dang!    now everything is working properly..  I didn't  change or do a thing different!   No clue  what happened,  if was me, or  hughes..   Drives me nutz  when  something  suddenly   'cures' itself!

Gwalk900,  I have not  tried any other browser.    I might some day,  but for my needs,  and lack of  enthusiasm  to  try something different.. LOL,   I'll probably stay with  IE.

Until next time,  Thanks!

Chris11
Alum

Glad everything is working!