no way I using this much data

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willitbe456
New Poster

no way I using this much data

I have been having trouble with data, teck doubled my data, its at a vac cabin, that Im at only 2 days a week most time, and I have been monterting my usage, I have not been streaming,(witch I was told I could) only FB and a few other websites, may be 2 hourd a day, this billing cycle I have been there I think 4-5 days,and I only have about 65% left, and that is not to say any thing about slow speeds, hughesnet sucks, but its all that is available where I am, cant even make wify calls which was the main reason for me signing up as I was told I could. O-ya did I menchen hughsnet sucks!

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@willitbe456 

Regarding the last issue mentioned, WiFi calling does not work with HughesNet.  If it's been no more than about three months since your sales call, the reps can request a review of that call to determine if appropriate expectations were set regarding the WiFi calling.  Depending on what's found, you may have some type of recourse.  

Regarding the data usage, the following two threads may help.  If they do not, and you would like help in determining what is using your data, please start a new topic in Tech Support for that issue.  

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Understanding-data-usage-data-loss-and-connection-pa...

I read the threads you posted, I just checked my usage, I have lost 1% since yesterday, and Im not there, my laptop comes home  with me when I leave, I have no other idems that use wify there, only the modem is runing, so it uses 30% of my data a month for just having it,(what a scam) did I say hughsnet sucks!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@willitbe456 

As I said, if you would like help in determining what is using your data, please start a new topic in Tech Support.