Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bare65
Advanced Tutor

DNS Acceleration[N] ERROR - Slow, Unresponsive Internet Most Times

@Damian

Good Morning Damian,

You have always been very quick to get back to me and help me out so I'm hoping you can help me again with this current connectivity issue I am experiencing.

This past week I've been having noticeable connectivity issues with is causing both very slow, and/or unresponsive internet website loading / streaming behavior. According to the diagnostics (via my System Control Center) the issue appears to be a continuous DNS Acceleration[N] ERROR. (Please see screenshots below)

data.pngdns.pnghughes 111.png

Being a long-time customer (15+ years), I took the liberty of also uploading a screen shot of my current usage as it is 5:03 (pst) am at this very moment which means I am NOT currently throttled. (I still have 23G bonus usage) so I shouldn't be experiencing any connectivity issues. I know this is usually the first thing people 'assume' whenever 'slow, unresponsive' speeds come up as a topic so I figured I would get that out of the way so we can move quickly to resolving whatever the issue actually is.

Back to this DNS Acceleration[N] ERROR, as you can see from the screen shots this is ongoing. I have reset (soft reboot) the modem several times from the system control center, and this morning was the 2nd time doing the hard reboot (unplugging from the brick) in the past 4 days. Nothing I do on my end seems to help. 

I would really appreciate it if you could look into this issue that I'm having so I can get back to enjoying my HughesNet service.

Many thanks..

87 REPLIES 87
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I was thinking that the Community Knowledge Center would be a great place to put this. Need a volunteer to write a draft? 😊

Today we're one day closer to the weekend. Everybody dance! 

"p.s for the record I'm not normally this cranky...so please accept my apology too."

Been a rough couple of months, especially if your job is being threatened... certainly understandable.

And yes, DNS issues are especially pervasive and unrelenting in the satellite internet environment. I would venture to guess that 75% of the common, everyday problems are DNS-related. As I previously mentioned, it's sometimes from marginal wifi connections and sometimes it's a side result of trying to use the wifi during intermittent, weather-related satellite comms (e.g., Your devices don't know the satellite is down, but keeps trying to use it).

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@bare65 

Hurrah! Glad the ordeal is over. 

bare65
Advanced Tutor

@Amanda 

Sorry I'm just now reading your reply with regards to the credit to my bill. Thank you for that....

Very much looking forward to the weekend...