Didn't get the promotional credits as described

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
racy1
Freshman

Didn't get the promotional credits as described

Your agent tricked me into signing up for the next service level on my complaint call for slow service. That's a new topic for later. But part of what he stated was that I'd get a $100 promotional credit for 12 months of the upgraded service.  My first credit was only 6.45 due to the partial month. One would expect if you give credits for a partial month at the beginning, you must also give partial credits at the end of the promotion. So the final month should have included a $93.55 promotional credit in order for me to get the $1200 I was led to believe I would get against my bill.  But that final partial month ignored my remaining credit and I did not get the last $93.55 that anyone would have expected to get.  This strikes me as very shady.  If you're going to issue only 12 credits, anyone would have started the upgrade a few days later to get $1200 instead of $1143.55 wouldn't they?  No, because your agent didn't explain the promotion carefully or clearly.  He was just trying to make a commission and didn't care if I was cheated or not.  I want $93.55 from my last CC charge refunded to my card.  That's only fair.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@racy1,

I completely understand. I am happy to have been a able to resolve this particular issue and I wish you luck with the next steps of getting your other issue resolved. The credit was applied to your account today 11/13/2023 and will start on your December bill in the amount of $30 off for 3 months. Your case number is #156065750 you have a great evening as well. -Damian  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The corporate reps on this site can investigate your claim (provided you're a residential and not a business subscriber) and see what's going on. They're around M-F during business hours. Hopefully you'll hear from them next week. 

Thank you. That bespeaks poorly of their 24/7 support which has given me nothing but delays and non-action for 3 days. 

For those who may be reading this thread I see a typo in my sentence 5th from the end.  It should have read "If you're going to issue only 12 credits, anyone would have started the upgrade a few days later to get $1200 instead of $1106.45 wouldn't they?"  Arithmetic skills fade around midnight.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"That bespeaks poorly of their 24/7 support which has given me nothing but delays and non-action for 3 days. "

The phone reps are available 24/7, but are first tier responders, which means they can only do so much (and in most cases, what they can do is plenty) and are mandated to leave some decisions to higher tier support. 

The reps here are corporate reps and work 8 hour days, M-F (less if they're part time).  They reply during their working hours. Being at the corporate level, they are more highly placed and can make decisions the other reps can't. 

You can always call the phone line and ask to be transferred to an account rep, but that office is also a 9-5, Monday to Friday office. 

You posted here on Friday, which may have been a holiday for office workers (observation of Veterans Day), so accounts and corporate may have been closed. 

I sympathise with your frustration, and I hope someone will reply to you promptly on Monday. 

"Arithmetic skills fade around midnight."

So true.  🤣

@racy1,   

Thank you for providing me your phone number and I was able to locate your account. From what I see when looking through your billing history, your $100 12 month discount ran its full course. As the system states the discounts was applied in full and correctly but the change of plan from 30GB back to 50GB in OCT 2022 was to blame for it counting another month of your 12 month credit even though you temporally switched your plan and then switched it back. Even though it was partial, the system still counted it as one of the months of the 12 month credit. Since this was not clearly explained to you, I will happily award you relief. Please understand since the billing system does not see this as an actual error, but rather lack of communication on the phone reps end, I will not be able to award a full lump sum of $93.55. I can instead provide $30 off for the next 3 months for a total of $90 back. If you like this, I will get it applied and provide your case number for confirmation. If you are unsatisfied with this, you will need to call account management and ask them to launch an investigation. This, of course, I would not be able to help you with and would end your community thread and case here with me. Please let me know what you would like to do and I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.  -Damian      

Damian,

I'm not going to quibble over $3.55 and I appreciate your adjustment against last month's bill.  $30 credit against the next 3 months of service for a total of $90 is a fine solution.  Thank you.

I'm actually unaware of going onto and off the 50 GB level from my original 30 GB level and then back on again to the 50 GB level, which is no doubt an additional miscommunication with your phone rep; or it's more likely a complete error on the agent's end (my opinion).  I have notes from my phone calls and I don't have any notes itemizing such changes, but that's not at issue here.

I also need to call account management on another matter pertaining to my service level, but I wanted this taken care of first since it seemed to be more straightforward and less contentious.  So you are off my hook.  And I've postponed my billing date via Chat Agent to allow time for me to deal with the other problems and get my level of service straightened out before the next bill is issued for the remaining months on my contract.

You've removed the problem I brought to the Community Forum.  Have a great evening. 

Ray

@racy1,

I completely understand. I am happy to have been a able to resolve this particular issue and I wish you luck with the next steps of getting your other issue resolved. The credit was applied to your account today 11/13/2023 and will start on your December bill in the amount of $30 off for 3 months. Your case number is #156065750 you have a great evening as well. -Damian  

Damian

@racy1,

Welcome to the community and I am sorry to hear this. Definitely sounds like there was some miscommunication here. Please private message me the phone number associated with your account so I can locate you in the system before any investigation can start. https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/76644 . I will begin right away once I receive this. -Damian