cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debbie.jean.bro
Advanced Tutor

A Personal Request

This is in no way Hughesnet related.

I am in desperate need of a job. I've been unemployed since July 31 and we are living off my daughter Joy's SSDI-- a whopping $900 per month! People are amazed at how frugally we live. A 99 cent soda at the gas station? Too rich for my blood!

I am an aspiring professor of African and African American history. Not many jobs anywhere in the world. But I also have extensive experience in student services, both tutoring in English/writing and in working on behalf of students. I would be very happy doing that!

I also have extensive experience in research, writing, and editing. I love editing! I edit you guys all the time (in my mind), lol!

I'm willing to move almost anywhere in the world 🌎, although the good ole USA 🇺🇸 would be my first choice. This is because my adult daughter, Joy, has a severe mental illness and can access excellent care and medication via Medicare and Medicaid.

If any of you know or hear about a job, I'd very much appreciate it if you could pass it along! The Titanic is sinking out here! THANKS!!!! 😀😀😀
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Sorry to hear of your situation, Debbie. I'll be sure to send you a PM if I hear of anything.  

View solution in original post

Might be an extreme move, but there's a relatively brand new museum in DC, specifically designed for your specialty.

https://nmaahc.si.edu

Might want to apply and see what happens.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Sorry to hear of your situation, Debbie. I'll be sure to send you a PM if I hear of anything.  

@maratsade  Thanks!

Might be an extreme move, but there's a relatively brand new museum in DC, specifically designed for your specialty.

https://nmaahc.si.edu

Might want to apply and see what happens.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@MarkJFine
Thanks! I'll check it out!!