Air fryer?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Air fryer?

Does anyone use an air fryer?  Just wondering what you think of it.

I just bought a Ninja Air Fryer AF101.  I'm looking forward to making some wings, even though not deep frying them is sacrilege, especially considering I'm from the Buffalo area.  😛 

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade

I don't have one, but someone I know does, makes wings all the time in the air fryer, and loves it.  Talks about how awesome it is. All.The. Time.  🙂

EDIT: he did mention one downside, and that's that it only cooks small batches, which is a little inconvenient when he has company. 

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

I don't have one, but someone I know does, makes wings all the time in the air fryer, and loves it.  Talks about how awesome it is. All.The. Time.  🙂 

That's encouraging!  🙂  

And he's right, it is pretty small, but it's just me, so it should be able to do enough.  According to the little booklet that came with it, the capacity for wings is 2lbs, which is pretty good.  🙂

maratsade

It sounds to me it's perfect for just one person. Do report back after you've used it!

@GabeU wrote:

And he's right, it is pretty small, but it's just me, so it should be able to do enough.  According to the little booklet that came with it, the capacity for wings is 2lbs, which is pretty good.  🙂

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

It sounds to me it's perfect for just one person. Do report back after you've used it! 

For sure.  

I think my parents have that air fryer. Use it a lot for chicken wings and ribs. Pretty good! Crispy and juicy wings... Heart Hope you enjoy your air fryer!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU

Well, I tried a dozen wings last night, and in the end they turned out great!  It took a little longer than I was figuring, but that's only because I have to get used to the best temperature to use and such.  

With that said, with it being new I knew that there would be that new smell when everything got hot, and with the wings thawing inside of it, then starting to cook, it gave out this revolting smell when I would open the basket to turn them.  Thankfully, that didn't last.  😛 

And it's SO MUCH easier to clean up afterward than it is when using a deep fryer.  🙂

So far, so good!    

Woohoo!

Glad you like it! Yeah, these sort of things take a getting used to. I just got a waffle maker so I was making a bunch of waffles last weekend LOL. The first batch turned out surprisingly well despite me not reading the manual. So far, nothing has been burnt or set on fire so... we're good!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU

So the wings come out very well.  I've made them a few times now.  I tried some tater tots the other day, and they came out perfectly.  Nicely browned and crispy.  I like that I can just shake them a couple of time during the process and that's enough to turn them.  I'm really loving this thing.  

Tomorrow I try the ultimate:  two drumsticks and two bleeps (it won't let me use the word 😛 ) marinated in a local BBQ sauce call Chiavetta's.  It's SOOOOO good.  It's what many of the fire halls around here use for their chicken BBQs.  I can't wait.  I'm marinating it for 24 hours, so it's going to be nice and strong.  🙂

BarbegueMarinade.jpg

maratsade

You mean chicken bleeps? 😜