Broadband Connectivity Relief

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chanros
New Poster

Broadband Connectivity Relief

HughesNet has announced broadband connectivity relief during the coronavirus pandemic.  However, HughesNet did not mention it is a participant of Keep Americans Connected Pledge.  Has HughesNet taken the pledge? 

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

This is what the pledge entails (and it's not mandatory). Notice there is nothing about increasing caps or data. 

keep-americans-connected.png

This is what HN is doing:  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/About-the-Community/COVID-19-and-Your-HughesNet-Service-Updated-3...

EDIT: HN is participating in the pledge. See this post

Richard_Wells

I can tell you know that they are not honoring the pledge. Ran out of data on my plan yesterday and my internet speed has been throttled. Very dissapointed in Hughes net right now.
maratsade

They didn't cancel throttling; they increased the throttled speed (they didn't inform subscribers by how much).  So you're still throttled, and given that so many people are at home using the web, you will also see speed being affected by traffic/congestion, and you will notice it all the more because you're throttled. Even unthrottled, speed reduces significantly the more people are using the internet in your area.   

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Richard_Wells wrote:
I can tell you know that they are not honoring the pledge. Ran out of data on my plan yesterday and my internet speed has been throttled. Very dissapointed in Hughes net right now.

maratsade

They do throttle you if you run out of data.  The speed may be higher than before, but it may be slower due to congestion and traffic.  

Please also note that the pledge you're referring to has nothing to do with speeds when in a throttled state. So yes they are honouring the pledge.  

Richard_Wells wrote: