Croatia on CNN

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkJFine
Professor

Croatia on CNN

Not sure if anyone is even paying attention to World Cup...

But as some of you know I do a bit of work for an Arsenal-related web site in the UK. Our graphics designer, who is Croatian, has been doing near daily mini-podcasts during the WC and is going to the final on Sunday.

She was recently interviewed for a documentary on CNN that was published just today: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/13/football/croatia-world-cup-france-final-russia-2018-spt-int/index.... She (the only 'she', wearing red/white checkered shirt) has several spots in this 8' video.

So this is where my dad-like instincts come in and I tell the world how proud I am of Anita...

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"Not sure if anyone is even paying attention to World Cup..."

I am! Looking forward to the match on Sunday.

Spurs... I mean England play Belgium tomorrow.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Yes, for 3rd place, and I hope England wins.   I'm looking forward to the final on Sunday, though, and thinking it'd be cool if Croatia won the cup.

I'm not fond of all the $#i+housing by Belgium (Lukaku, Fellaini, et. al.) but I'd pick England anyway. I'm just a bit sick with the number of current and former Spuds on that squad.

Sunday I'm torn. Would like to see Croatia win it, just because they're really good and overcame a lot. It's a good news story. But I'd also like to see France be vindicated for the 2016 Euro they should have won. So, I'm really kind of neutral for the Final.

Plus, there's no Lacazette or Koscielny on France's squad. Probably don't need Laca when you have Mbappe tho. Kid's definitely for real.

maratsade

I watch the game to see skill and sportsmanship, though the latter is often lacking. I dislike the dramatics, theatrics, and hysterics, and would rather they just play or leave the field.  I think Croatia did very well, and I had been rooting for them to advance, and while I would've wanted to see England win, I'm fine with Croatia getting the cup.  I'm less enthusiastic about France (must be a DNA thing.... long history between our two nations), but ultimately I hope the winner is the team who demonstrates the best skill, naive as this may sound.  I really enjoy the game when the players show talent and skill and refrain from antics. 

@maratsade wrote:

I really enjoy the game when the players show talent and skill and refrain from antics. 

Indeed. 'Antics' is a much better word than I used. Belgium will have a lot of antics.