Customer Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelAnders78
Spectator

Customer Service

I had my internet installed yesterday and last night I was watching a 30 minute show and it took over one hour to watch. I used the chat option and the agent, Erika, was hateful! When she came on she sent me a message that said, “I’ve never spoken with you so I’m ending the chat.” I didn’t even have time to comment. I tried again and waited for 20 minutes! Way to go Hughes for not taking care of customers. Either that or you hire the laziest people. This does not settle well with me. I hadn’t even had service for 24 hours and that is how I’m treated?!?!

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Did you take a screenshot of the chat? Did you get an email with the transcript?  If so, post them here. If not, it's possible the reps on this site may have access to the chat transcript/record and may be able to see the content.  They will likely want to know if one of the agents was not courteous. 

"Way to go Hughes for not taking care of customers. Either that or you hire the laziest people."

You are making these judgments based on ONE chat and ONE person? There are a lot more people in the company, and judging them all by a single experience makes no sense.  

I was unable to screenshot the response from Erika because she closed the chat so fast! And yes, I’m basing it off one person and I’ve been in the CS industry for MANY years and when I see or talk to agents like her I will call them out! Treat others the way you want to be treated. Plus, CS agents need to learn from their mistakes. If we don’t speak up the companies may never know. Plus, like I said, I had not even had their service for a full 24 hours yet and stated that in my opening comment. 

maratsade

That's ok about the screenshot. It's likely the reps on this site can check what transpired anyway.

Basing a judgement on one person and one experience is still uncalled for, no matter how many years of experience in CS you have. Calling out the particular agent is reasonable, and bringing the matter to the representatives of the company is also reasonable, but judging an entire group of people based on one single sample is illogical. Erika may have issues, but John or Veronica or James or Priscilla or others may be great CS reps, and they do not deserve to be judged negatively based on Erika's behaviour. Focus specifically on Erika but don't water down your argument by passing broad judgements on the whole company and the whole CS staff.

"Plus, like I said, I had not even had their service for a full 24 hours yet and stated that in my opening comment."

Exactly. And yet you made a broad judgement over everyone involved with a company you hadn't known much about only 24 hours ago.

That was NOT my intention! Now you are basing judgement on me. Re-read, I used her name for a reason. You are reading too much into this. I did NOT come on here for this. This is my last message unless I hear from the company themselves. I’m not here to argue with someone I don’t even know. 

GabeU

@MelAnders78 

If you're looking for help, you should either start a new topic in Tech Support or call 866-347-3292 to speak to a rep.

Thank you Gabe! I appreciate the help. Have a wonderful evening!

maratsade

Cool. Good luck, Mel.

@MelAnders78 wrote:

That was NOT my intention! Now you are basing judgement on me. Re-read, I used her name for a reason. You are reading too much into this. I did NOT come on here for this. This is my last message unless I hear from the company themselves. I’m not here to argue with someone I don’t even know.