Hughesnet Community

Don't neglect these during spring cleaning...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liz

Don't neglect these during spring cleaning...

tools.jpg

So many unique days... today is National Worship of Tools Day. How often do you maintain your tools? Do you even do it? Here's a reminder to dust, polish, oil, and/or sharpen them so they last longer. You don't want to be in a situation where you need that one thing... and it's broken... or LOST! Maybe take this weekend to do an inventory check or organization spree of your workstation, tool shed, or kitchen!

If he were an actual person, I'm sure Tim the Toolman Taylor would be having a field day today.

I am not a handywoman, but I do have a different set of tools I use nearly everyday:

tools.png

I think I'll clean my palette and brushes today.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I hang my head in shame....I don't maintain my tools much if at all.  

chop chop

tools.gif

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU

Mine are all pretty clean.  I keep the majority in a tool box and the most often used items in a kitchen drawer.  If I use them for anything grubby I clean them directly after use.  

With that said, I don't have nearly as many tools as I used to.  When I left my tech job I sold three boxes worth of various hand tools, plus some other larger things, like gauges, torches, 4' and 3' aluminum pipe wrenches and a vacuum pump.

😮 torcheSSS? I would've kept one... for reasons. >_>;;

-Liz

GabeU

@Liz wrote:

😮 torcheSSS? I would've kept one... for reasons. >_>;;

-Liz

They were oxy-acetylene and air-acetylene torches for brazing and sweating copper lines for air conditioning and plumbing, respectively, as well as other things they came in handy for. 

I still have a propane torch, though.  🙂

ooh... no idea what that means, but YAY you still have a torch! Can make creme brulee or crisp the top of French onion soup. LOL

-Liz

maratsade

Best use for a torch, creme brulee. 

@Liz wrote:

ooh... no idea what that means, but YAY you still have a torch! Can make creme brulee or crisp the top of French onion soup. LOL

-Liz

GabeU

I've actually never had creme brulee, but it's looks fantastic and I have no doubt I would love it.  

I know they make small butane torches for things like that.  🙂  

maratsade

Creme brulee is AMAZING. 

@GabeU wrote:

I've actually never had creme brulee, but it's looks fantastic and I have no doubt I would love it.  

I know they make small butane torches for things like that.  🙂