cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ES19 slowdown tonight? 9/10/2018

Junior

Re: ES19 slowdown tonight? 9/10/2018

Even better idea;

Put them in a spacecraft that looks like a DC-10 and drop them in a volcano. All Hail Xenu!

Distinguished Professor I

@alfresco wrote:

Even better idea;

Put them in a spacecraft that looks like a DC-10 and drop them in a volcano. All Hail Xenu!

Don't forget the hydrogen bombs.  And watch out for flying thetans.  Have a few of those land on you and you're done for!  Smiley Tongue

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hey Gabe, just checking in. Are you still having any issues with this? 

-Brooke

@Brooke wrote:

Hey Gabe, just checking in. Are you still having any issues with this? 

-Brooke

So far it seems to be about the same.  It's not a terrible speed or anything, just a bit lower than usual.  It's only during the peak usage period, though.  Outside of that my speeds are still fantastic.

I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days.  It's not really at the point that I need help with it or anything, but if it does get to that I'll make sure to create a post in Tech Support.   I started the post on here mainly out of curiosity.  I thought that, perhaps, it could be load balancing related to the outage or something like that.    

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Okie doke, I figured you were simply inquiring, but wanted to be sure! Glad to hear so far there isn't any persistent issues. Smiley Happy 

-Brooke

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Significant slowdown here tonight -- 1.2 Mbps.   

slow.png

Edit: file size is small because the 25MB file wouldn't work. 

@maratsade

Wow.  That's pretty darn slow!

Mine hasn't been anywhere near that slow, though it's acted as if it were.  My tested evening speeds have showed a slowdown into the teens, but my actual experience during that time period makes it seem like the speed is more like what you just showed, taking much longer for websites to open.

Right now mine seems okay, both in actual usage and speed testing (in the 40s), but it's only 6:30PM.  

@maratsade

I took a peek through our tools to see what's going on, there's an alert on your account showing your services may be affected by Hurricane Florence. Possible it may have something to do with that, but keep us updated! 

-Brooke

Associate Professor

Thanks for checking, Brooke, and that of course makes sense. The issue has been happening more and more in the evenings, and I report it because this is a change from before --  I  imagine congestion also has something to do with this.  It does dive down quite a bit, though.  Right now, it's bounced back. 

speed.png

Associate Professor

It is likely a combination of things in my case. I'll keep an eye on it.  Smiley Happy  I wonder if the big weather event is affecting you too.

@GabeU wrote:

Wow.  That's pretty darn slow!

Mine hasn't been anywhere near that slow, though it's acted as if it were.  My tested evening speeds have showed a slowdown into the teens, but my actual experience during that time period makes it seem like the speed is more like what you just showed, taking much longer for websites to open.

Right now mine seems okay, both in actual usage and speed testing (in the 40s), but it's only 6:30PM.