cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False advertisement of download speeds

Distinguished Professor I

Re: False advertisement of download speeds

"False advertisement of download speeds"

Nope. They advertise speeds "up to ---."  Not false advertisement, but you're welcome to spend tons of money finding this out. 

DHC
New Poster

I have been having the same issues with my speed and constantly on the phone with tech support since I have had this service. When I mentioned about termination I was told that it would cost me $400+ even though I am not getting the service that I am paying for. This is bull!!

Distinguished Professor IV

@DHC wrote:

I have been having the same issues with my speed and constantly on the phone with tech support since I have had this service. When I mentioned about termination I was told that it would cost me $400+ even though I am not getting the service that I am paying for. This is bull!!

Because speed issues can be caused by different things, it would be beneficial for you to start a new topic in the Tech Support section to recieve help, which you can do by clicking on the blue "Start a topic" button on the upper right while in said Tech Support section.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
DHC
New Poster

General Discussion
A place to chat about tech or tech-related topics and just have fun. Smiley Happy *NOT FOR HUGHESNET SUPPORT*

@DHC wrote:
 General Discussion
A place to chat about tech or tech-related topics and just have fun. Smiley Happy *NOT FOR HUGHESNET SUPPORT*

Your point?  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

Unfortunately you are not alone
New Poster

Your speeds are like mine. They have burned up my Trial period trying to fix it. Looks like I'm going to collections now. Smiley Sad

Highlighted

@RodWilliams

It may be beneficial for you to start a new topic to address your individual speed issue.

With that said, unless you signed up through a reseller that specifically offered such, there is no trial period.  Hughesnet, themselves, do not offer a trial period.