Firefox 62.0.2...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkJFine
Professor

Firefox 62.0.2...

Can't remember where the discussion about Firefox TLS compatibility was, but...

From the 62.0.2 notes:

Restored compatibility with some sites using deprecated TLS settings (bug 1487517)

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

It's funny, but I was just updating Firefox and saw this (using Chrome) while I was waiting for it to restart.  🙂 

@MarkJFine @GabeU
I actually just uninstalled Firefox on my laptop because I couldn't get it to run anything. I used FF for years with no problems on my old Gateway laptop that I bought in 2011.

I bought a new Dell at the start of the year and immediately installed FF. It worked great at first, with the rather glaring exception that it would not run video. Then it did a big update and either nothing would load or it would take forever to load.

I did about a million things (OK, maybe 5) to fix it, with some improvement but not enough to where I actually wanted to use it.

While pondering Chrome, I'm using MS Edge (hangs head in shame). It runs video great and generally is very good. But the reason I hate it is that it won't let me change my search engine. As I hate Bing more than life itself, I have to go to google.com every time I want to search anything. I'm thinking of making it my home page.
GabeU

@debbie.jean.bro wrote:
While pondering Chrome, I'm using MS Edge (hangs head in shame). It runs video great and generally is very good. But the reason I hate it is that it won't let me change my search engine. As I hate Bing more than life itself, I have to go to google.com every time I want to search anything. I'm thinking of making it my home page.

Though I don't normally use Edge, I have Google set as my search engine.  I hate Bing, as well.  With that said, though, I've never gotten in the habit of using any browser's search feature.  I always go to Google to search, and I have it set as my home page.  That's just me, though.  

Does Google not show up on the list of search engines for you?  To make sure it does, you have to go to, or be on, google.com when changing the default search engine.  

The instructions for doing so...  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028574/windows-10-change-the-default-search-engine-in-micr...

Thanks, @GabeU! I'll try that.

@GabeU,
I finally gave up on Edge and installed Chrome and now I have my Google search engine. 😀
GabeU

@debbie.jean.bro wrote:
@GabeU,
I finally gave up on Edge and installed Chrome and now I have my Google search engine. 😀

I don't blame you.  I think Edge could be a good browser, but it needs some work.  Glad you got your Google search engine.  🙂