GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Free snow...

You pick up...

Snow2.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade

I'll arrange for a load for next Christmas. 

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Free because many don't really want it? As winter wears on most get pretty tired of it. Know I did when living up north.

GabeU

@BirdDog wrote:

Free because many don't really want it? As winter wears on most get pretty tired of it. Know I did when living up north.

Yep.  Already tired of it.  It's supposed to warm up a bit tomorrow, so it will melt a little, thankfully.   

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

We had just an inch or two over the weekend and was enough to close some schools. The roads get pretty dangerous on these mountain roads.

GabeU

It's actually been pretty mild here for this winter, thus far.  I'm sure we'll get a lot more snow over the next two months or so.  We usually get around 200" or so each season.  My area normally has the highest snowfall for our half of the state.  During the 2017-2018 season we got around 270", which is pretty high.  The area around Watertown, NY, which is just off the end of Lake Ontario, is usually worse than we are.  They got almost 390" during the same season.  

You've got to not hate winter in order to live here.  I guess that's why so many older folks from this area winter in Florida, and eventually move there altogether.   

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

I'll arrange for a load for next Christmas. 

I'll make sure to save some in my freezer for you.  😛 

(Editing this post on 1/26 to test something)

I don't mean to gloat, but down here in the Suwanee river hammock it's a sunny 70 degrees with 78 degrees expected tommorow.

I lied!  I did mean to gloat!  :>)>

"EXPERIENCE, n. The wisdom that enables us to recognize as an
undesirable old acquaintance the folly that we have already embraced."

The Devils Dictionary