GEN5 slow download speed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lostmtnman
Freshman

GEN5 slow download speed

When is Hughers going to fix the crawling download speed with Gen5?

13 REPLIES 13
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Puckettrl
New Poster

I tried to complain and all I got was them trying to tell me hour by hour how the speed was used. No good explanation on why it has slowed down so drastically. Got "oh well"!. I cancelled and they took out charges for early cancellation without any notice. They want your money but do not want to back up their service. Beware.
Puckettrl
New Poster

I tried to complain and all I got was them trying to tell me hour by hour how the speed was used. No good explanation on why it has slowed down so drastically. Got "oh well"!. I cancelled and they took out charges for early cancellation without any notice. They want your money but do not want to back up their service. Beware.

I didn't post in tech support on purpose because trouble shooting is not going to cure the problem.. A tech that Hughes sent to my home last week spent two hours looking at this end and could find no problems.  The problem is with Hughes.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@lostmtnman wrote:

I didn't post in tech support on purpose because trouble shooting is not going to cure the problem.. A tech that Hughes sent to my home last week spent two hours looking at this end and could find no problems.  The problem is with Hughes.

Corrosive's reply was to Puckettrl, as is shown by his opening. 

But, with that said, this support community isn't strictly for customer end issues.  

Is there anyone out there that has been having the same or similar problems with slow Gen5 downloads had their problems solved and fixed by HughesNet?  If so, what were the solutions and fixes to this apparent inherent problem?

Yes, my downloads are crawling, 1.2 Mbs per multiple hughes speed tests at various times of the day.  It is a sad testimony when my upload speed is consistently faster than download.  And... before everybody piles on me, I'm deliberately not posting in "tech" because past trys have yielded no results other than instructions on how to run a speed test.  BTW, it's not raining or snowing and Santa's sleigh is not parked in front of the dish...

GabeU

@Kirk Merley wrote:

Yes, my downloads are crawling, 1.2 Mbs per multiple hughes speed tests at various times of the day.  It is a sad testimony when my upload speed is consistently faster than download.  And... before everybody piles on me, I'm deliberately not posting in "tech" because past trys have yielded no results other than instructions on how to run a speed test.  BTW, it's not raining or snowing and Santa's sleigh is not parked in front of the dish...

Which you never posted the results of.  Can't help someone who won't take part in that help.  

What do you think a suppoprt community is for, if not consummer issues?

GabeU

@lostmtnman wrote:

What do you think a suppoprt community is for, if not consummer issues?

Absolutely, and when steps are asked to be taken to help to determine the problem, but the consumer refuses to perform those steps, there's not a whole lot that can be done.  

You have yet to actually start a post in the tech support section to receive help.  Again, when a customer won't bother to take part in the steps to get help, there's not a whole lot that can be done.  And posting many complaints about your speed doesn't constitute taking part in the resolution of the issue.  People can only be helped as much as they allow.   

If you're having an issue with your vehicle, do you then refuse to demonstrate the issue or do what they ask you to do to get the issue fixed when you go to the shop?  I bet not.  

lostmtnman
Freshman

God forbid, maybe it's time to get the Feds involved.  The Trade and Communications people might welcome investigating this issue.

lostmtnman
Freshman

Is there any truth to the rumor that HughesNet Gen5 managers, engineers and programmers are ex-Microsoft employees that were responsible for Windows Vista?