How do I contact customer service?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJ99
Freshman

How do I contact customer service?

Tried to change our plan online because the HughesNet customer service phone number answers with "Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again. One Three Nineteen." 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hmm, I'm looking at your latest bill and the only charge is for the $27.74; that's the total charge on this bill.

Can you please let me know what you're looking at that shows otherwise?

Please private message me a screenshot of what you're referring to, I'd like to make sure we're on the same page. For your reference, here's how to take a screenshot.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@DJ99 

Keep in mind that HughesNet uses forward billing.  Each bill is for the month ahead, not the month already used.  In effect, if something is changed a half day into your new cycle the prorated amount would concern the remaining 29.5 days, not the half day already used up until that point.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
maratsade

Call centers for most companies are experiencing higher call volume, so the system gets clogged. Keep trying  866-347-3292, and try earlier in the morning.   Depending on what type of help you need, you can also use live chat.

DJ99 wrote:

Tried to change our plan online because the HughesNet customer service phone number answers with "Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again. One Three Nineteen." 

Just tried 3 times again. It doesn't ring... just "Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again."

GabeU

@DJ99 wrote:

You should be able to do so.  If you sign into the HughesNet MyAccount site, then hover your pointer over Shop/Upgrade and click on Plans & Pricing, you should be able to see what plans are available to you.  You can then click on what's shown to see the prices, and if you want to upgrade or downgrade your plan, you should be able to do so by adding the new chosen plan option to your cart and completing the transaction.  Any prorated charges or credits will then appear on your next bill.  

Hope this helps.

I was able to change my plan online. The problem is that I guess I didn't realize that I had do that on the exact day of rollover, not the day before, so it charged me for my old plan + my new plan for last month. I need to contact customer service to point out that mistake.

Still unable to contact customer service. Just get "Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again."

maratsade

The mods here may be able to help with your issue.  @Liz 

Hello!

Glad to see you were able to change your service plan online! There's no need to wait to change, one can change plans at any time during the billing cycle. If in the middle of a cycle, then prorated charges and credits will apply, which happened in this case.

Since you changed plans so close to your billing date, you had a little prorated charge for the new 10 GB plan on top of next month's charge for the 10 GB plan, and you had a little prorated credit for the old 50 GB plan. Then you also have a promotional discount which brings everything down significantly, so that's good!

Hope that clears things up. You can view a breakdown of these prorated items in your latest bill by following these steps: http://hninfo.us/viewbill

Then open the bill and click the "Account Charges" link in the bottom left corner.

Hope that clears things up!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

The ONLY charges I see are for the usual amount for our old plan and an additional $27.74 for "Recurring/One Time Charges".  

It appears that we were charged $27.74 for the half day that we switched plans. 

Hmm, I'm looking at your latest bill and the only charge is for the $27.74; that's the total charge on this bill.

Can you please let me know what you're looking at that shows otherwise?

Please private message me a screenshot of what you're referring to, I'd like to make sure we're on the same page. For your reference, here's how to take a screenshot.

Thanks,

Liz

GabeU

@DJ99 

Keep in mind that HughesNet uses forward billing.  Each bill is for the month ahead, not the month already used.  In effect, if something is changed a half day into your new cycle the prorated amount would concern the remaining 29.5 days, not the half day already used up until that point.

Thank you! I understand. I think our community covid restriction talks have me as stressed out as I've ever been as I knew that about the billing and was just seeing it all wrong. Thanks for hanging in here with me and taking the time to explain. 

Yay!  Thanks Gabe. 😄

Please don't hesitate to drop by the community again, DJ99, if you have any other concerns.

Be safe!

-Liz