Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom902
New Poster

Missing data EVERY MONTH!

6 REPLIES 6
Tom902
New Poster

Once again, HugeNet (SIC) has lost my data.  My fic Meter for the wireless shows that I've used only 34836 Mbytes this month, but Hughts says e over 50, which is my plan limit.  I'm not calling their tech support again, because it's in Mexico, asuperviser is never available and they only want me to raise my data limit up WHICH I'M NOT DOING AGAIN!  Can't wait unti we get fiber out here, I'll drop Huge faster than they can spit!  

Speaking of Tech Support, that's where this belongs, not in General. In the Tech Support area you will find specific ways to detect where the data leaks are coming from and you can save yourself the phone call.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Tom902

In addition to posting this issue in Tech Support, it would help to post snapshots of what it is that you're looking at to clarify the issue.  

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@GabeU wrote:

@Tom902

In addition to posting this issue in Tech Support, it would help to post snapshots of what it is that you're looking at to clarify the issue.  

What is a "fic Meter"?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@BirdDog

Good question.  It's part of what prompted me to ask for pics.  

Barring knowing what it is they're looking at, I think it's possible that the OP is adding up what he/she is seeing in the individual days of the Usage History, but without realizing that the download/upload total for each day also includes what's used during the Bonus Zone, even if the Bonus Zone is excluded from the graph.  There are many months where, if I added up the data shown for each day, it would exceed my 20GB Anytime Data allotment.  

There was a thread a while back concerning this very thing.  

can't wait for someone new to take a photo of a physical ruler on their screen.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.