Hughesnet Community

NETFLIX Connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveC

NETFLIX Connection

Cannot conect to NETFLIX. Keep getting Error NW-2-5. Service was working well in March 2020. Some postinga allude to an ISP setting change. Has anyone solved this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
DavidA
New Poster

Same thing here in Oklahoma, i got online here and researched that I had to purchase something called TOKENS, s0 $30 dollars later so I can finish a show I was watching and it STILL doesnt work, cant get Netflix at all. Details in the usage page shows I have to wait 9 hrs and 44 minutes until I can use what I just bought. 

Guys, this is a tech support question and belongs in the tech support section. Please take it there.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@DavidA wrote:

Same thing here in Oklahoma, i got online here and researched that I had to purchase something called TOKENS, s0 $30 dollars later so I can finish a show I was watching and it STILL doesnt work, cant get Netflix at all. Details in the usage page shows I have to wait 9 hrs and 44 minutes until I can use what I just bought. 

That's not the way token data works.  Data tokens are only used when you've exhausted either your Service Plan or Token data in that data bank's respective usage time period.  

Data is used in the following order, with the subsequent data bank kicking in when the former has been exhausted.  FAP = Subject to the Fair Access Policy (i.e. you've exhausted your data and your speed is throttled).  Token data only kicks in if you have some...

8AM to 2AM:  Service Plan Data >> Token Data >> FAP

2AM to 8AM:  Bonus Data >> Service Plan Data >> Token Data >> FAP