cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer speed below 1 mpbs

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: New customer speed below 1 mpbs

@Mikey52 wrote:

Basically Hughes net is terrible. Everyone says so and now I know too.  

Everyone, eh?  So you speak for the remaining ~98% of their 1.3+ million customers that are never heard from? 

It's actually 90,000+ miles round trip, and if that distance caused you pause perhaps you shouldn't have gotten satellite internet in the first place.  And your speed claims are presented with absolutely no context or evidence.  And "all kinds of cancellation fees"?  Try one for the service and one for Voice, with the latter being only if one has it.  That's hardly "all kinds of cancellation fees".

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

@matlock19611 wrote:

I payed $75 a few hours ago why is interner under 1 when it should be over 40?

Edit:

If you presently have data and want help with your speed issue, please start a new topic in Tech Support.  If you're out of data, your throttled speed can be "as low or lower than 1Mbps".

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

"So you speak for the remaining ~98% of their 1.3+ million customers that are never heard from? "

According to the latest Channels newsletter:

channels-summer-2019.png

I remember when they were just under 1 million subscribers. Wasn't that long ago.

@maratsade 

Pretty neat.  I knew they were still growing at a slow, but steady rate, but I didn't know that it had now surpassed 1.4 million.  Smiley Happy 

For our sake, that growth needs to slow down.  Smiley Tongue

Professor

"For our sake, that growth needs to slow down."

YES!

New Poster

Wait till personel and costomers here about your talk. then you will act like a donkeys bottom!

Tags (1)
Professor

No idea what you meant there, dear. 

Highlighted

@matlock19611 wrote:

Wait till personel and costomers here about your talk. then you will act like a donkeys bottom!

Um... okay then.  

Considering the fact that both maratsade and myself have been a part of this Community since the day it went live, I'm relatively sure that personel (sic) and customers have already heard our "talk".