New to Hughes Net and need help

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john777
Sophomore

New to Hughes Net and need help

Does n 1 knoq if hughes net plans is rollong  out new data packages  any time soon 50gb a month is killing me

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

For tech support, post to the tech support forum. 
ETA, actually, the products and services forum would be better.

GabeU

@john777wrote:

Does n 1 knoq if hughes net plans is rollong  out new data packages  any time soon 50gb a month is killing me

It's extremely unlikely.  They don't have another satellite going up for at least another three or four years, and the satellites already in service are pretty much set with what they're going to offer, I imagine, as there really isn't enough combined throughput to offer anything more.

There is something more.  The Business Internet service plans offer up to 250GB of high-speed data.  It can be expensive, but there is a 75GB plan for $150/mo as well as a 150GB for $270/mo.   The 250GB is $470/mo.  Contact customer service to switch over.

GabeU

@Installerwrote:

There is something more.  The Business Internet service plans offer up to 250GB of high-speed data.  It can be expensive, but there is a 75GB plan for $150/mo as well as a 150GB for $270/mo.   The 250GB is $470/mo.  Contact customer service to switch over.

Forgot about that.  Really, though, up to a certain point you're just paying for more data during the day, while really getting less overall and paying a lot more for it.  

Business accounts do have the advantage of the optional static IP, though.