Real Life FIFA 17/18 Thread

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkJFine
Professor

Real Life FIFA 17/18 Thread

I know of at least a couple of other people here that are thrilled the new football season has started, so it gave me the idea to begin a fanboy thread. BTW, that's real football, not throwball. Only rule is: subtle banter is ok, mean banter is not.

Thought it would be fun to start a discussion by asking a few questions:
1. Favorite side: The Arsenal (see the shirt in my avi?)
2. Favorite manager: Arsene Wenger
3. Favorite player: Santi Cazorla (we're both 5'6)

4. Second favorite side: Aston Villa

Feel free to add to the list.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
31 REPLIES 31
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@MarkJFine wrote:

@maratsade wrote:
ETA: kind of off-topic now, but here's John Cleese discussing football vs soccer.

That's awesome

He's hilarious.

Arsenal not televised on NBCSN tomorrow, only streamed on their Gold subscription or some other sketchy stream.

Can listen on the TalkSport app, but only if you've not updated to iOS 11.

There are some advantages to having an older iPad 3 that's limited to iOS 9.3.5.

Edit: I take it back. There's a newer TalkSport/TalkSport2 app that used to not have live audio. Now it does. #Nevermind

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

choke-mens-t-shirt.jpg

keep-london-tidy-mens-t-shirt.jpg

"Lads... It's Tottnum..."

Dele Alli2.jpg

I don't want to talk about it. We stink.

maratsade

have  a pint, you'll feel better....

maratsade

@MarkJFine, what's worse is this:  the horror, the horror

@maratsade

I should think Pukka has a golden opportunity to set up shop. lol

Shocked Daily Star didn't mark that 'EXCLUSIVE' like everything else they do. Oh wait... they did... in the image. lol

maratsade

@MarkJFine wrote:

@maratsade

I should think Pukka has a golden opportunity to set up shop. lol

Shocked Daily Star didn't mark that 'EXCLUSIVE' like everything else they do. Oh wait... they did... in the image. lol

exactly! Open up a new market.  LOL

Well of course it's exclusive to the Daily Star! They're top dog when it comes to rubbishy rags.  LOL

Daily Star, owned by the same people as the Daily Express. Both trash.

maratsade

@MarkJFine, I hadn't heard of that incident (guy in coma), but it's so sad that people can't enjoy sports without injuring one another. I sure don't miss that about the UK.