cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stranger Things?

Distinguished Professor III

Re: Stranger Things?

I can do that, but it's of note that the phone isn't actually doing the recording, PlayOn Cloud is.  The phone just sets it up.  The streamed content never touches the phone, or at least not the way I do it (downloading to my computer, and not automatically to my phone).    

I did just find this, though, so I think I'm going to try it with my computer, first.  

https://support.playon.tv/hc/en-us/articles/217131197-Enabling-Closed-Captions-for-Hulu-Netflix-and-...

If this doesn't work, I'll try it with the Netflix app on my phone, though I'm not really sure why it would matter, with the recordings actually being done by the cloud DVR and not the phone.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I should add that it probably won't be until next month before I try this, as Stranger Things is going to use up the majority of my Bonus Zone data, or at least 25GB - 30GB of it.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

When I was having issues, I followed the info on that site and it didn’t work for me, so I contacted PlayOn tech support and they told me to watch the show for at least 6 minutes on the same device where I had the PlayOn Cloud app installed.

You may have better luck than me, though.  

@GabeU wrote:

I can do that, but it's of note that the phone isn't actually doing the recording, PlayOn Cloud is.  The phone just sets it up.  The streamed content never touches the phone, or at least not the way I do it (downloading to my computer, and not automatically to my phone).    

I did just find this, though, so I think I'm going to try it with my computer, first.  

https://support.playon.tv/hc/en-us/articles/217131197-Enabling-Closed-Captions-for-Hulu-Netflix-and-...

If this doesn't work, I'll try it with the Netflix app on my phone, though I'm not really sure why it would matter, with the recordings actually being done by the cloud DVR and not the phone.  

Highlighted

Well, like I said, it probably won't be until at least next month before I do it.  I'll make sure to let you know how it worked, or if it did, I should say.  

I just recorded the first season of Stranger Things, and have the first five episodes downloaded so far.  Had I known they were going to download this fast I would have started recording the seconds season tonight, too.  I'll do it tomorrow (Thursday), and I'll probably do the third season tomorrow, as well, and hope that the downloading goes as well as tonight.