Uh, Houston, we've had a problem...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Uh, Houston, we've had a problem...

I'm not posting this in Tech Support, as I'm not asking for help.  I imagine it will be temporary, but I'll try again tomorrow.  It's just a bit of a shock when you're used to speeds twenty to thirty times this.  I noticed that some sites were opening slowly, and others were taking a while to even start opening. I had a couple of them completely time out.  So I ran a test.  

pph_WfRdA.png

Maybe it's just a heavy use weekend and people are downloading a ton during the Bonus Bytes period.  It's only 30 minutes into it, so downloads could be a part of it.  

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade

I'm sure it's temporary  -- has it improved today?   

Also, this post is an excellent example to others: you mentioned slow speed issues without launching into a diatribe and invoking government agencies, conspiracies worthy of the X Files, and/or lawyers.  

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

I'm sure it's temporary  -- has it improved today?

Yep, it has, thankfully.  I tried two more tests not long after the first one, but I bother allowing them to finish, as I could see that they weren't going to be any better.  

g1GdEn4mE.png

@maratsade wrote: 

Also, this post is an excellent example to others: you mentioned slow speed issues without launching into a diatribe and invoking government agencies, conspiracies worthy of the X Files, and/or lawyers.  

Actually, I suspect it was due to Gremlins that were created in a secret lab by scientists working for lawyers who are employed by a secretive government agency that was created by X-Files fans with substantial power and influence.  Oh... and Jimmy Hoffa is under my shed.  😛 

maratsade

You've done it now, Gabe,  I'm one of those lawyers, and it's likely the cabal will order me to punish you for having revealed our existence. Wait till I hit you with a masterful combination of subpoenas and motions.   (And your involvement, at what must've been quite a young age, in the disappearance of Hoffa may make things worse for you). 

@GabeU wrote:

Actually, I suspect it was due to Gremlins that were created in a secret lab by scientists working for lawyers who are employed by a secretive government agency that was created by X-Files fans with substantial power and influence.  Oh... and Jimmy Hoffa is under my shed.  😛 

GabeU

I'm ready!!!  🙂 

I had just turned three when Hoffa disappeared.  That's how I got away with it.  No one suspects the three year old!  😛  

maratsade

A born criminal mastermind...it's always best to do the bulk of your crimes before the age of 6.  Very smart, Gabe!