Did my first install of Gen5 today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gokartergo24
Tutor

Did my first install of Gen5 today.

It went really smooth. I installed the customer around 2 1/2 years ago.. He was happy with Gen4  He moved and was offered the upgrade.. I installed him today to all new Gen5. He could not believe how much faster it was.. I'm not going to get into specifics of speed. But it was well above the 25 and 3.

7 REPLIES 7
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I've seen people bursting upto 50Mbps quiet often, but that's on a bird that is brand new and has zero capacity issues so far.  I will be getting my install in about another 9 or so hours, can't wait 😄

El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Envious. We have to wait until April 01 to start installing in our beam up the hill from you. In the meantime, we can't install anything - Gen4 or 5. Oh well 😞

El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

Did you finally get installed?

We're excited by the speeds and the lack of a hard data cap. We have a lot of customers who are unhappy with our local Cable and DSL service. Finally, Gen5 offers a product that competes favorably with both.

El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Yeup, installed and running great... 🙂

I'm envious.  My install is scheduled for March 30th.  I can't wait!  

I might have to remove a small tree (I'll know when the installer gets here and tells me), but such is the price we pay to have what we want.  

ffice person at the round table Thursday.. We are in your beam has well. We are where 3 beams meet. So One of the beams started this week one more next week. Then your beam April 1 st.  Did two more today..