Gen 2- (IA Plans?)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan2
Freshman

Gen 2- (IA Plans?)

What is IA Plans? I’ve seen it on the Hughesnet web site. Could I get some info on the IA Plans?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Ryan2 

Well, it's a business plan, but residential subscribers can often get them, and some do.  I don't know that there's any type of restriction where one has to have a business in order to get a business plan.  The drawback is that they tend to be more expensive than the residential plans, but for some people they're worth it due to having more of the data available during the day and the added ability of having a static IP address, which isn't available with the residential plans.  The static IP thing may only be available for those with Gen4/Gen5, though.  I'm not sure about Gen2.  

If you are, in fact, in Alaska, the regular HughesNet site lists a few different companies that are apparently HughesNet resellers.  If you're interested in more information about the business plans in Alaska it may be worth calling one or more and asking them.  

If you scroll down the page a little you can see the section for Alaska....

https://www.hughesnet.com/coverage-areas

Edit:  I should add that the reps are normally on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though they're on during the evenings and weekends increasingly as of late.  They may have some additional information and may reply with such when they see this thread.   🙂  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU

@Ryan2 

Can you post a link to where you are seeing this?  I'm not sure what IA is, other than Iowa, but if seen I could probably tell you.  

GabeU

@Ryan2 

After further research, it looks like IA Plans for Gen2 are Business Plans for those in Alaska, but the only mention of such I can find is here...  https://alaskasatelliteinternet.com/gen2-residential/

Yes that’s the page. So it’s only for Business.
GabeU

@Ryan2 

Well, it's a business plan, but residential subscribers can often get them, and some do.  I don't know that there's any type of restriction where one has to have a business in order to get a business plan.  The drawback is that they tend to be more expensive than the residential plans, but for some people they're worth it due to having more of the data available during the day and the added ability of having a static IP address, which isn't available with the residential plans.  The static IP thing may only be available for those with Gen4/Gen5, though.  I'm not sure about Gen2.  

If you are, in fact, in Alaska, the regular HughesNet site lists a few different companies that are apparently HughesNet resellers.  If you're interested in more information about the business plans in Alaska it may be worth calling one or more and asking them.  

If you scroll down the page a little you can see the section for Alaska....

https://www.hughesnet.com/coverage-areas

Edit:  I should add that the reps are normally on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though they're on during the evenings and weekends increasingly as of late.  They may have some additional information and may reply with such when they see this thread.   🙂