Hughesnet Community

Gen5 Upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen5 Upgrade

I currently have an HN9000 system on the Spaceway Satellite.  My plan is a daily legacy plan, I was wondering what the upgrade options are for those of us still on the old legacy plans?   Do we get the same prices shown on the HughesNet website ($20 off for 12 months for the 20 GB plan).   I currently own my HN9000 equipment, to upgrade to Gen5, will I have to pay to purchase the new equipment?  

I have had the same plan since 2008.  I was given a free upgrade a number of years ago (forget how long it's been) due to my initial satellite that I was on was being taken out of service by HughesNet.

I'd like to see a replay from Liz or another HughesNet employee with answers to these questions. I would also like to email or personal message someone from HughesNet with other questions I feel should be private. 

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The Hughes representatives here are Liz and Amanda.  You should send a PM to one of them. ETA:To do so, click on the envelope icon at the top of the page, then click on New Message.  Type the username (Liz, for example) in the Send to field, compose the message and send.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

You will have to either purchase your new equipment, or pay the lease fee, don't see them giving hardware that costs several hundred to customers for free.
As far as plans, you are best off to contact sales regarding upgrades and see what you can get.

Hi wildcats198308,

Thanks for posting! C0RR0SIVE is correct, you'll need the Gen 5 equipment if you're upgrading from the HN9000. Offers and options vary depending on whether you decide to lease or purchase your Gen 5 equipment. Our phone reps can explain how those offers can affect plan and upgrade prices, then go ahead with the Gen 5 order if you're ready! Call us at 866.347.3292 for details.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

How much will it cost to upgrade from Gen 4 to Gen 5 Just curious?

bcnowlin