cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecoalex1

Hughes Gen4 Needs a Daily by Month Use Graph

18 REPLIES 18
ecoalex1

Unless I missed It, It would be handy to see where your allowance went.
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Glasswire already does that (but they may not have a Linux version). 
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
ecoalex1

Thanks Alan I'll look into that,I have quite the graphs with my Solaredge PV system, I maybe am expecting too much?
Liz

Good morning ecoalex,

Nice to see you back with another cat picture. :3 We report hourly usage by day in the support center, as shown below:

You are correct, there are no monthly graphs, so we'll pass along your suggestion to the management and development teams. I understand the desire for a variety of ways to monitor your system and we appreciate you sharing feedback. If we have new features, we'll let you know!

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi Jezra,

Sure, I'll include your suggestion too!

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

CharlesMcCool
New Poster

I thought long ago you could see the monthly in the graph form but it was changed within the last year, oh well, the status meter will show up to 90 days but only daily amount not by the hour
ecoalex1

Thanks Charles, I'll give it a look.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

ecoalex,

It is a bit of a "two-stepper" but a 30 day graph is available from withing the Download Status Meter:

Hovering your mouse will give a "daily detail".
If something on a given day perked your interest then the detail of that day can be found by calling up the traditional Hourly History Report:

Hourly values are listed in Eastern Time Zone but here is a template I "anointed" to illustrate corrections for other time zones..

CharlesMcCool
New Poster

yeah what he said. lol
ecoalex1

Thanks, but I don't use the dwnload status meter, don't have it installed.I did go to the daily usage data, but wished for a graph of the entire month.I'm down to 2% anytime allowance,a new realm for us, and wanted to see what day at a glance we went from 4 Gbs to under 1Gb.

Looking for a Graph for the entire month

ecoalex1

Alan-
I looked, no glasswire available for Linux.
ecoalex1

I use Linux, Alan suggested Glasswire, but no version is available for Linux.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Ecoalex, why are you so reluctant to run the linux version of the Download Status Meter ?
The latest version seems much more stable than previous releases, the Windows version at least.
ecoalex1

I only had the low allowance problem this month, and wanted to see when it happened.many months we leave 4+ Gbs on the table.
When I was sold Hughes Gen4 the rep said there was roll-over of unused allowance.Too bad that didn't happen.

What is the Linux dwnload meter ? is it in the synaptic repository? I won't dwnload anything not in the software manager or package manager.
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Sorry I didnt realize you were running linux, Im not sure if there is a meter that will run on it or not, and I think Alan did mention that they may not have a Linux version.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

My bad: There is a Windows version and another for OS X

As to salesmen ... they haven't a clue. There are many Hughes system platforms and plan variations in use. In some of the legacy plans with daily allowance refills, there was a "rollover" for up to two days worth of data but that never has been a part of any Gen4 plan.

If salesmen have a function beyond taking up space, I'm baffled as to what it is.

If you are searching for when a past loss occurred you seem to be left with this:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/hughes-gen4-needs-a-daily-by-month-use-graph

Select your Modem type

Enter your SAN (remember to capitalize the letters DSSxxxxxx)

Select a date.

That will provide hourly usage details for a given 24hr period. You could then take screenshots and assemble them into some kind of timeline.

I seem to recall you being located in the pacific time zone, so as noted in a previous post the hourly details posted above are listed in eastern so a "correction" needs to be applied.