HughesNet REBATE is false!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjani
New Poster

HughesNet REBATE is false!

I signed up for a new service (already have one service and adding a totally separate new service in August 2022) I was sold on the fact I have had great support both technical and billing - really nice.  It also seems to be faster than when I first signed up!  That being said, I was told I would get a rebate of $300 for a new account and to do it online at hughesnetrebate.com which did not work.  I found the form online through this website and submitted it with ALL THE DOCUMENTATION.  I sent a huge manilla envelope in with all of it.  I waited 9 weeks, I tried to call in November but the rebate site never picks up.  I finally did it today on the 19th of December - 9 weeks in!  i HELD ON FOR OVER AN HOUR!  Finally got someone 'Bruno' who says they have no record of this being sent and I should have sent it CERTIFIED!  Nowhere in here does it say SEND IT CERTIFIED!  I found my receipt paying for this mailing and I made a copy (thank god) of all my forms and documents - I called hughesnet, they were nice but said they can't help.  Looks like I will have to send everything in to a complaint.  It's a shame because I really like the tech support and billing support but this REBATE CENTER is a disaster and I believe unethical.  I believe if you don't send it certified they throw it away.  What a waste of my time 😞

3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Hi kjani,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'm sorry to see this, I can understand how frustrating this is after all the effort you've put in for the rebate. When you said "hughesnetrebate.com which did not work", do you mean the website did not load at all? I can see why that happened, as there's an "s" missing from the url, it should be hughesnetrebates.com Do you recall where you got that link with the typo? I want to be sure that's fixed.

Regarding your claim, did you ever reach out to hughesnetpromotions@email-360insights.com? Also, when you said you called the rebate site, was this the number you used: 800-310-0540?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I phoned 800-310-0540 🙂

I was told on the phone by support that it was hughesnetrebate.com  Nobody said add an "s" but I did find that through this site and downloaded the form back in October (a few months ago).

I never emailed the promotions website as the form does not provide an email address and this is the first time I have had someone provide me an address  - let me know if I should email everything over there.  It's not like I MISSED anything OTHER THAN I should have paid like 15 bucks for certified 😞 they really should put on the form SEND CERTIFIED if that is needed?

I spend a fortune with hughesnet 😞 I have two separate services and one is 50 gigs and the other 30 gigs.  I also have bought 4 repeaters from hughesnet at 100 a pop.  So It is not like I'm not paying a lot of money...

Good morning kjani,

Thanks for that confirmation. Yes, I'd try reaching out via the email address I provided, they can best handle rebate claim submissions, and hopefully they can have a look at the copy of your documents to see if they've received it. I'll also let our sales folks know about the certified mail requirement, it should be mentioned on rebate site and form if that is true.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!