Replacing a HT2000W modem with one I'm buying

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottsr
Freshman

Replacing a HT2000W modem with one I'm buying

I would like to purchase a Hughesnet supplied HT2000W modem to reduce my monthly bill. I found one for sale. Is there a guide showing the steps needed to replace my modem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Scottsr 

As far as I know it doesn't work that way.  A lease account stays a lease account.  You can't replace the modem with one you've purchased and have the account converted into a purchase account.  

Though I could be wrong about this, I believe the only way to change to a purchase account is to cancel your current leased service, wait for 45 days after the service has been terminated, and then sign back up with a purchase rather than as a lease.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade

Is this what you had in mind? https://support.hughesnet.com/en/faq/internet/where-can-i-find-ht2000w-replacement-guide

@Scottsr wrote:

I would like to purchase a HughesNet supplied HT2000W modem to reduce my monthly bill. I found one for sale. Is there a guide showing the steps needed to replace my modem?

Thanks, that is good information. I was hoping someone has done the swap and could provide tips or things to watch out for. I did find another guide as well... https://support.hughesnet.com/sites/support.hughesnet.com/files/inline-files/1041317-0001_d.pdf

GabeU

@Scottsr 

As far as I know it doesn't work that way.  A lease account stays a lease account.  You can't replace the modem with one you've purchased and have the account converted into a purchase account.  

Though I could be wrong about this, I believe the only way to change to a purchase account is to cancel your current leased service, wait for 45 days after the service has been terminated, and then sign back up with a purchase rather than as a lease.

Thanks, you are correct. I am just finding this out through Hughes.

josephinelcajon
New Poster

They need an option to buy out the leased equipment at any point but especially after your contract has ended. Forcing you to buy a repair plan to fix leased equipment is so wrong!

maratsade

Users who buy the equipment still have to pay to have it repaired. You're not forced to buy a repair plan; you can pay for individual tech visits when/if you need them.