Hughesnet Community

Technial service calls should always go to an America location with native-American speakers. The modem should have an on-off switch.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmwr1200rt

Technial service calls should always go to an America location with native-American speakers. The modem should have an on-off switch.

Technical service should ALWAYS go to an American location staffed by native American English speakers, not to other countries.  The Hughesnet modem should have an on/off switch.
4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Hi bmwr1200rt,

Thanks for posting and for sharing your ideas! We'll pass them along to management. Enjoy the weekend!

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I'm sure the Native Americans appreciate your support, but they have other jobs they would have to quit and they would have to move to call center cities.  Also, a question...would the Native American speakers be required to speak English or the native language of their ancestors? 

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  LOL.    

billmiller43

Suggest you get a surge suppressor with a switch. I have computer, printer, modem and router connected to it. One strong surge can cause lots of damage.  BTW, many of the "Representatives" are American. I recently found a college grad that can't write or do math. Said "I only learned how to use a calculator or computer to do that". "Beam me up Scottie, there's no intelligent life down here"!
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

The Hughesnet modem should have an on/off switch

To what end ?

You can disconnect by simply unplugging the Ethernet cable from the modems LAN port.

Whenever the modem is powered off it will dump most of the stored diagnostic data that can be very helpful when troubleshooting performance or service issues.